Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ?

--

September 20th, 2006  
tomtom22

Topic: Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ?

Can a good Muslim be a good American? This was sent as a question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic. Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish.... it's still the truth. If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
September 20th, 2006  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
Can a good Muslim be a good American? This was sent as a question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic. Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish.... it's still the truth. If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
Just exactly what makes a good american, if you take that list of questions and apply them to 90% of the world the answer would be no-one.

Once again I would suggest that anyone who is prepared to live by the rules of any country is probably going to be a good citizen and that their religion has nothing to do with it.
September 20th, 2006  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Just exactly what makes a good american, if you take that list of questions and apply them to 90% of the world the answer would be no-one.

Once again I would suggest that anyone who is prepared to live by the rules of any country is probably going to be a good citizen and that their religion has nothing to do with it.
Unless their religion controls every aspect of their life
--
September 20th, 2006  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
Unless their religion controls every aspect of their life
Agreed but there are extremists in all religions and if they are going to place religion above a nations law then they are not going to make good citizens of any country.
September 20th, 2006  
Marinerhodes

Religion has no basis in logic. This, I think, we can all agree on. Logic would dictate that if you can't experience it with any of the 5 senses then it does not exist. But we all know religion is based on faith rather than logic.

If you follow the rules of your religion to a fault how does that make you an extremist? Look at any religion you wish. Most of them make allowances for today's time. Some don't. If you follow your religion to the letter does that make you a relgious fanatic? The answer is dependant on your view of what is radical and what isn't vs the views of another person.

Living by a strict code of conduct is an attraction to some that they can not deny. This is why we have freedom of religion in America. That is also why we have laws against certain things like human or animal sacrifice.

I am not sure but somewhere it says in the bible that you must abide by the laws of God and the laws of the land. In the 10 commandments the laws of God go hand in hand with the laws of the land. Don't steal, cheat, kill, be disrespectful, etc etc.
September 21st, 2006  
The Cooler King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
Religion has no basis in logic. This, I think, we can all agree on.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Logic tells me that there has to be some higher power that created everything. How can everything just appear out of nothing? If you can believe that everything just appeared one day, then I don't see why you can't believe that God created everything.
September 21st, 2006  
WarMachine

I think muslims, buddhists, hindus, and really any other religious group can be good citizens of this country. Remember, this nation was founded by puritans who thought the repressive measures of 16th century English society weren't stringent enough. Compared to them, even ayatollah Khomenei would seem like a fun laid back kind of guy.
September 21st, 2006  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cooler King
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. Logic tells me that there has to be some higher power that created everything. How can everything just appear out of nothing? If you can believe that everything just appeared one day, then I don't see why you can't believe that God created everything.
Darwinism, Grey's (sp?) Theory and a few other not so mainstream ideas about how we either evolved or are the results of an alien experiment? You made my point very nicely for me and I like your choice of the term "Higher Power". This does not preclude or limit anything.

No one can say for certain exactly where we come from or how things happened. We presume by our faith that our beliefs of our origins our correct. They may not agree with your neighbor but that desn't make them wrong, or right.
September 21st, 2006  
Ted

Maybe your good friend should read the part about freedom of religion. I rarely see so many generalizations in one post. All of a sudden there exist no mainstream Muslim anymore, and all are zealous fanatics... come on!! Open your eyes man! Btw how many muslims have died in service of their country, i.e. the US of A?

Really unbelievable..... well and truely narrow.
September 21st, 2006  
The Cooler King

Yeath there is Darwin's theory, and Grey's theory, etc, etc but there is one problem: You can't make something out of nothing. How are you going to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich if you don't have peanut butter, jelly or bread? Let's say we evolved, where did the organism that we evolved from come from? What if we were created by Aliens, where did the aliens come from then? That's all reasoning and logic and that is what I base my religious beliefs on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Btw how many muslims have died in service of their country, i.e. the US of A?
I'm not sure Ted but 4,000+ Muslims are serving in the military right now.