Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ? - Page 4

--
Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ?

October 24th, 2006  
Prince

let the muslims be. if they live in america good for them, if not who cares?? it doesnt matter who you are or what religion you practice noone can be a 100% "good" american...or in my case australian.
if i told anyone i studied marxism i'd be crusified alive here in ozz because we fought so hard to stop comunism spreading here.
i also dislike our prime minister....ok dislike is too nice, try hate with a passion.

now am i a good australian...or a bad australian?
October 24th, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Depends...Do you believe in what you study?
October 24th, 2006  
bulldogg

I'm going to digress at this point because taking on this young pup feels like poaching. I'll let Henderson educate him.
--
October 24th, 2006  
Donkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince
let the muslims be. if they live in america good for them, if not who cares?? it doesnt matter who you are or what religion you practice noone can be a 100% "good" american...or in my case australian.
if i told anyone i studied marxism i'd be crusified alive here in ozz because we fought so hard to stop comunism spreading here.
i also dislike our prime minister....ok dislike is too nice, try hate with a passion.

now am i a good australian...or a bad australian?
No Muslims that show tolerance and can get along with everyone else, it doesn’t matter where they live....

But Islam does not teach tolerance, hence the jihad....

Tell me is this tolerance, is this not worse then the "torture" we are accused of...

http://www.ogrish.com/archives/nick_...y_25_2004.html
Please note the above link leads to a very graphic and disturbing video, the site restricts it's entry to people over the age of 18, the site is www.ogrish.com
October 25th, 2006  
WarMachine

Islam was one of the most tolerant religions when it first came on the scene. Rather than force conversions on people of conquered lands, the arabs just wanted a tax from non muslims. That's far better than the centuries of persecution that the christians endured under the Romans, or the Jews in Europe who were constantly harassed. Muslims got along ok with other religions.

I can safely say that most muslims living in this nation have almost exactly the same mindset as christians in this country about most subjects. I know several muslims born and raised here and they have seemingly no problems with this nation, i don't understand where this concept that being muslim cannot lead to being a good citizen comes from. Quite frankly it's pretty stupid.
October 25th, 2006  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey
No Muslims that show tolerance and can get along with everyone else, it doesn’t matter where they live....

Tell me is this tolerance, is this not worse then the "torture" we are accused of...

Please note the above link leads to a very graphic and disturbing video, the site restricts it's entry to people over the age of 18, the site is www.ogrish.com

I just seen that video this morning. That automaticly turned me into an anti-islam kindof guy. So it may be ignorant but now that I seen that I cant stand muslims.
October 25th, 2006  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Islam was one of the most tolerant religions when it first came on the scene. Rather than force conversions on people of conquered lands, the arabs just wanted a tax from non muslims. That's far better than the centuries of persecution that the christians endured under the Romans, or the Jews in Europe who were constantly harassed. Muslims got along ok with other religions.
Where did you get this load of crap? Source please.
October 25th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey

i know you'll probebly roll your eyes at what im about to say, but i'll say it anyway the same as its been said before. there are two kinds of muslims, the peaceful ordinary muslim, and the extreemist. the extreemist only arived recently compared to the hundreds (thousands?) of years of islam without extreemism, think back to the crusades..the greatest military ruler of all saladin i think his name was...he allowed christians to pilgrimage to jerulseum and some even stayed in the city in peace.

i know a few muslims myself and they are ordinary extreemly nice people. i even dated a muslim girl at one time. my point is,dont steriotype people. there'll allways be thorns in among every kind of people but dont make the others suffer because of it.

as far as my study of marxism goes C/1Lt Henderson, i believe that in an "ideal" world it would work. but the world we live in? not a chance.
October 25th, 2006  
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Where did you get this load of crap? Source please.
i have read the same in numerous books. i cant give the source because it was at a libery in a different town. but if you wish to read about it i will gladly find you articles on the net
October 25th, 2006  
bulldogg

One of the rules of this forum is that a poster must be able to provide sources for any claims he makes unless he clearly identifies the statement as his own personal opinion. So I will anxiously await the source for WarMachine's well-intentioned but ignorant and ill-informed claim so that I can fully refute it with my own sources.