Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ? - Page 3

--
Can A Good Muslim Be A Good American ?

October 17th, 2006  
therise21

yes they can. some of these points are absurd.
geographically? you can still turn towards mecca and pray no matter where you are.
philosophically? you are free to express your opinions in the US, that doesnt mean that you have to.
spiritually? this may be the biggest piece of garbage i have ever read.
politically? some of the mullahs preach destruction of israel and america, but some of them dont. so i guess it depends on which ones you listen to.

it is stuff like this that causes even greater misunderstandings of religion and intolerance. anyone who believes this is sadly misinformed, i dont care if your friend in saudi arabia said it or not. if every religion were followed to the letter, you wouldnt be able to be christian, jewish, muslim or anything and still be an "american". rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
Can a good Muslim be a good American? This was sent as a question to a friend who worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years. The following is his reply:

Theologically - no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon god of Arabia.
Religiously - no. Because no other religion is accepted by his Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
Scripturally - no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of Islam and the Quran (Koran).
Geographically - no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to which he turns in prayer five times a day.
Socially - no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make friends with Christians or Jews.
Politically - no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and Destruction of America, the great Satan.
Domestically - no. Because he is instructed to marry four women and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
Intellectually - no. Because he cannot accept the American Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he believes the Bible to be corrupt.
Philosophically - no. Because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either dictatorial or autocratic. Spiritually - no. Because when we declare "one nation under God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called love in The Quran's 99 excellent names.
Therefore after much study and deliberation.... perhaps we should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country. They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good Americans. Call it what you wish.... it's still the truth. If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends. The more who understand this, the better it will be for our country and our future. The religious war is bigger than we know or understand.
October 17th, 2006  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by therise21
geographically? you can still turn towards mecca and pray no matter where you are.
philosophically? you are free to express your opinions in the US, that doesnt mean that you have to.
politically? some of the mullahs preach destruction of israel and america, but some of them dont. so i guess it depends on which ones you listen to.

it is stuff like this that causes even greater misunderstandings of religion and intolerance. anyone who believes this is sadly misinformed, i dont care if your friend in saudi arabia said it or not. if every religion were followed to the letter, you wouldnt be able to be christian, jewish, muslim or anything and still be an "american". rubbish.
That hits the nail on the head.
October 17th, 2006  
fingolfin361

Quote:

Perfectly put!

Also, in Islam Christians and Jews are supposed to be "brothers in God", and the hate in some sections is political, not religious.

So what if Allah, doesn't accept any other religion? A Muslim is a Muslim, he accepts Islam, he rejects other religions. I reject Scientology, doesn't mean i hate Tom Cruise.

Maybe the concept of Allah, grew out of a particular pre-Islamic Arab Moon God, but in Islam, it is conceptally the same God of Chrisitanity and Judaism.

So what if the US constitution is based on Christian principles? One can be a good Muslim, without folowing Sharia, to the last word.

One point i might add, again this is based on interpretation, the idea of a nation in itself has been called unislamic, (allegiance to no one else but God) and thus if u accept this, a good Muslim cannot even be a good Saudi.
--
October 20th, 2006  
Donkey

Mass organized religion is inherently flawed....

So is being an atheist....
October 21st, 2006  
bulldogg

Islam is not just a religion. From the hajira it has been a form of governance. If you are a muslim, unless you reside in a islamic theocratic state resembling the original caliphates you cannot be a good muslim without engaging in jihad to remedy the situation. This is how Muhhamed structured the religion.
October 21st, 2006  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Islam is not just a religion. From the hajira it has been a form of governance. If you are a muslim, unless you reside in a islamic theocratic state resembling the original caliphates you cannot be a good muslim without engaging in jihad to remedy the situation. This is how Muhhamed structured the religion.

I agree, Muhammed structure this religion in to a a political system. But then there is some Muslims that refuse to follow these teachings. I understand where you are coming from. But there are good but not fanatical muslims. But hey my view on Islam may be wrong but thats my opinion.
October 21st, 2006  
bulldogg

I am saying this with the utmost respect Liberty... you should educate yourself on Islam. Read the Qu'ran yourself and read some histories of Islam and the Dar Es Islam. Its a very simplistic system which is a great part of its appeal to converts, the Malawi, so few have trouble comprehending the intent and meaning of the words of Muhhamed. Then the next step is to study the Sharia, which is the body of Islamic law contained outside the Qu'ran. This is far more complex and begins to delve into the sources of the schisms within Islam.

By understanding these two major sources our current world is understandable. And understanding what is going on is of paramount importance, unless of course the life of a hermit is appealing to you. "Know thy enemy". As a member of American society, even if you are not a part of the military, Islam is going to have an effect on your life for foreseeable future.
October 21st, 2006  
Senior Chief

Quote:

You might be confusing FUNCTIONING in American society and being a Good American. They cannot be a Good American because they, and I generalize here, cannot subscribe to our way of life due to their religion.

You need to read the Koran, Quran, Qu'ran (however you want to spell it) and it tells them that they must rid the earth of infidels. In their minds all Americans are infidels as well as the Jews and a few others.

I can't agree with your assessment.
October 23rd, 2006  
Donkey

It's like asking can a good Catholic be a Democrat?
October 23rd, 2006  
GunnyD

First let me say that this is an outstanding discussion and truly is what freedom of speach is all about. Great discussion and well made arguments on both sides. Now my take.

When in Iraq, I had a period where i really started to hate the people I was supposed to be liberating and was going on a rant about the muslims and their jacked up religion. There were several workers in the compound from other countries, Morroco India and a few others, they calmly reminded me that their countries had huge Muslim populations and would never dream of doing the things we had to deal with......and you know what, he was right. There are billions of Muslims that are good to go and wouldnt blow themselves up for nobody. The reverse of this of course are the nasty shiatbird muslims that we are currently fighting and that if do not continue to fight and kill, will come back to us and blow themselves up in the malls of the world, killing anyone and everyone, make no mistake, if we do not bring the fight to them, they will bring it to us, and by us I mean the whole world, not just the U.S.