Can I get in???What sould I do???

National_Guardman_101

Okay, here is the thing... I have been trying to get into the Army National Guard since June. I have had a minor offense, residential entry, cleared. but, I have also head surgery... When I was born I had to have a piece of tissue taken out of my back and rebuilt my soft palate in the roof of my mouth... I talked to a Sgt. while at drill with a friend, he told me one of his friends had the same thing done and was acceepted into the National Guard, I had one recruiter and somehow he got the idea i had metal rods in my back so he wouldn't talk to me , but I don't have metal rods in my back. So I took my medical docs to him he said he would send them up to MEPS two weeks later I called to try to find out what is going on. He said I had a new recruiter, he didn't bother calling me. So he gave my new recruiter my papers about two or three weeks ago but I haven't heard anything yet...

What Should I DO??????
:bang:

What's that got to do with anything? You are always free to walk into any recruiter's office, sit down and talk to them. No single recruiter has any hold on you. I don't know what kind of nonsense they may have been feeding you but trust me, just walk on into another office and tell them what's going on and see if they'll help you. That's what you need to do, my advice is to just do it.

What's that got to do with anything? You are always free to walk into any recruiter's office, sit down and talk to them. No single recruiter has any hold on you. I don't know what kind of nonsense they may have been feeding you but trust me, just walk on into another office and tell them what's going on and see if they'll help you. That's what you need to do, my advice is to just do it.​

Agreed - any recruiter would snatch him up in a heart beat if there was a opportunity to get him in. It is called getting quota.

Okay, here is the thing... I have been trying to get into the Army National Guard since June. I have had a minor offense, residential entry, cleared. but, I have also head surgery... When I was born I had to have a piece of tissue taken out of my back and rebuilt my soft palate in the roof of my mouth... I talked to a Sgt. while at drill with a friend, he told me one of his friends had the same thing done and was acceepted into the National Guard, I had one recruiter and somehow he got the idea i had metal rods in my back so he wouldn't talk to me , but I don't have metal rods in my back. So I took my medical docs to him he said he would send them up to MEPS two weeks later I called to try to find out what is going on. He said I had a new recruiter, he didn't bother calling me. So he gave my new recruiter my papers about two or three weeks ago but I haven't heard anything yet...

What Should I DO??????
:bang:

If the issue is the recruiter, I would merely go to another one just like others have suggested.

If the issue is your medical problems, try getting a waiver.

If the issue is this "minor" offense which happens to be a Class D Felony, far from minor, dont waste their time. Define what you mean by "cleared." Exhonorated? Negotiated plea deal? Or found guilty? If you mean found not guilty, you do not have an offense, merely a charge.

It seems strange to me that a recruiter who needs to make a quota would blow you off so easily unless there was a very real reason behind it.

Source: Indiana Legislative Services Agency
"Residential entry
Sec. 1.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally breaks and enters the dwelling of another person commits residential entry, a Class D felony.
As added by P.L.215-1991, SEC.1."

Thank you everyone for your suggestions but I talked ot my recruiter last night and I am going up to MEPS the first weekend next month to swear in and everything so it's all good now...:jump:

Good luck - learn to be a team player and you will go far, also never volunteer for anything especially as a private.:wink:

I don't know if it's any different in the US but if you try to use initiative and be creative in tackling a problem they'll chew you out because your method isn't exactly the same as their method.
Will that apply to him as well?
Here was our rule: Shut up, and copy the guy who's ahead of you. Copy perfectly.

I don't know if it's any different in the US but if you try to use initiative and be creative in tackling a problem they'll chew you out because your method isn't exactly the same as their method.
Will that apply to him as well?
Here was our rule: Shut up, and copy the guy who's ahead of you. Copy perfectly.

That would depend on the situation, there were times that I would give my lower enlisted men a assignment/duty and keep the information vague to see how they would handle it, they are a team and should practice problem solving together. You would be amazed with what they would come up with and it helps build up their confidence level.

That's what I did with my guys after I got promoted a few times. I just didn't like it the old way. It probably went back to the old way after I left. Damn Korean way of doing things. The way things were, I bet our Company would go into absolute disarray if the Captain got knocked out for one reason or another.

That's what I did with my guys after I got promoted a few times. I just didn't like it the old way. It probably went back to the old way after I left. Damn Korean way of doing things. The way things were, I bet our Company would go into absolute disarray if the Captain got knocked out for one reason or another.

Thats not good in a combat scenario, everyone should at least know the mission down to the private level.

Back