can i get information on becoming a pilot

BKane

Hello all,
I am almost done with high school and am interested in becoming a helicopter pilot (either a blackhawk, or an apache), however i am having trouble getting information on the programs-any help would be greatly appreciated

some information on me:

i do not have 20/20 vision, although it is corrected with contacts
-do you know if laser surgery is an option as well?

I am in good physical condition, teach martial arts at a local studio, and am in mostly AP and honors classes, with As and a few Bs
-does this seem like it would make me seem like an attractive candidate for the program?

I am interested in the high school to flight school Warrant officer package, but am unsure as to what recommendations I need, (if anyone has a link that would be appreciated)

i have checked the army website thoroughly, but there is not much information on either helicopter training, or the warrant officer training

I would appreciate any help you can give me
thanks
-BK

Here's an exerpt that I pulled from GoArmy -

"If you have dreamed of becoming an aviator, the Army can make it happen. Warrant Officers pilot UH-60 Black Hawk, CH-47 Chinook, OH-58 Kiowa Warrior and AH-64A Apache helicopters — some of the most exciting, technologically advanced aircraft anywhere — on combat, rescue and reconnaissance missions. You'll gain these piloting skills in the Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT) program.
After successfully completing nine weeks of Basic Combat Training (BCT), you will attend WOCS for six weeks and then go directly to the flight-training program.
You'll be well paid for your expertise, receiving flight pay in addition to regular pay, allowances and benefits. Plus, you'll get the strength, recognition and pride that come from being an Army Warrant Officer."

There are a lot more if you were to Google "US Army Flight Training". That just happens to be the first one that I came across. I'm sure that some will show what the requirements are to get the contract, especially vision requirements.

I suggest you get with a Recruiter soon. policys change often & flight school will probably fill up shortly after graduation this year if not full already.

If you have any surgery for vision correction there's a waiting period for enlistment. The Army wants to make sure that everything is in good shape & healed before you're allowed to enlist. Your Recruiter will be able to explain everything to you & when he does I'd appreciate that you come back here & let us know.

Good luck & remember -Google is your friend.

Back