Can ex british soldiers join the us Army

Steve9138

Hi I am a 24 year old ex British infantyman, now I have been out the forces for 2 and a half years and have found myself missing it. Now I have done the british army and would like to serve with the Americans but not sure 1 if i can and 2 how to go about it...

Can anyone help me out with this? Any help would be greatful.

The answer is yes.

Last time I checked, americans can't serve with foreign forces however, so it only works one way.

As for how you practically do it, I don't really know. I don't believe it to be THAT complex. I think a simple google search might actually help you a long way here.

During my career I served with a number of guys who had served in their countries military, and more who were from other countries, so I know it can be done.
As to the details that I can’t say, my advise would be to contact a US Military Recruiter.

They'll be tightening up with the cutbacks-only your recruiter can say for sure.

I met a Brit kid on a chopper in VN he was a door gunner and had come to the US to enlist.

Back in the early 1970's, we had guys from Philipines, Columbia and Mexico. We even trained with guys from the Nigerian Army. Sadly a guy from Mexico who spoke no English went to Vietnam and was killed. Drill Instructors pushed him through, faking test results did him no favor.

Back