Can colleges afford military recruiting ban? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Should Military recruiters be allowed on campus?
Yes 13 65.00%
No 3 15.00%
Not that bothered! 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

--

December 16th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Do you seriously consider John Kennedy a leftist? Please, that would be just silly. It may come as a surprise to you but I can and do admire people for what they do regardless of whether they are a Democrat or a Republican (I am neither). Besides, my sig. has nothing to do with my post. That's why we have those little separator lines.
Today, JFK would be classified as a Republican if judged by his policies.
December 16th, 2005  
MightyMacbeth

I voted yes, as I do not see any reason for not having them.
December 20th, 2005  
Damien435

About recruiters in High School.

I can't speak of all high school, but I know that at my school college recruiters came just as, and in the case of state schools, more often than military recruiters. The Army, Marines, Air Force and Civil Air Patrol(that one is kind of random.) sent recruiters one Wednesday a month, rotating, South Dakota State University, Dakota Wesleyan and Black Hills State University sent one recruiter a week, an assortment of other schools sent recruiters every other week while some, while the University of Nebraska (Omaha, Lincoln and Kearny) seemed to send recruiters twice a week.

And you want to talk about impressionable? How about going to a building everyday where the opinion was "Don't join the military, you'll be throwing your life away, son."

That was the common opinion in my school. Others are probably different. (Or at least I hope so.)
--