Can civilians own a silencer?

--

August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

Topic: Can civilians own a silencer?

Guys, for a pure civilian in good (lawful) standing, is it possible to own a suppressor / silenced weapon? Thanks.
August 8th, 2008  
Fox

Hold, please, 5.56 will answer it to you for your question shortly, thank you. Next, please.

Anyway, yeah, but you gotta get Class III for that, I believe.
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

There's a separate tax stamp for silencers and it really depends on your state. It could be outlawed outright depending on where you live.
--
August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

I live in Texas. What's a class III?

Is there a website that explains how all that works in Texas? I googled it but couldn't find anything very useful.
August 8th, 2008  
Fox

Class III is the licence that you legally own the illegal weapons, but the guys from ATF would love to knock your door without a warrant, unfortuanately.
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Oh yeah... Turkish? Hmm... suspicious....
August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

Quote:
but the guys from ATF would love to knock your door without a warrant, unfortuanately
Really? How about the 4th amendment?
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Not if you're from one of the below:

1) A country of heavy Islamic influence or where Islam is the primary religion
2) A country that is not Canada
3) A non European country
August 8th, 2008  
Lunatik

So if I was a French Canadian of Moroccon descent who was recruited by Hizbollah prior to emigrating to the US but never got caught, I'd be safer than an outright Turkish-American who's from a 100% secular, NATO-member, EU-candidate, US-ally country and totally hates Arabs and have serious issues with their backward religion?

I guess, yeah. Baah. But I still want to believe in my constitutional rights.
August 8th, 2008  
A Can of Man

That's right Lunatik.
You're talking to a guy of a country that has been a US ally for the past fifty years, has sent a LOT of combat troops to Vietnam, has sent many peace keepers to places where Americans are fighting (Gulf War I, Gulf War II, Afghanistan) and as an individual has tried to go to those places for whatever capacity possible and I get pulled out for a security check.
And you know why? Because I had an Indonesian visa. AN INDONESIAN VISA. Can you believe that??? Incredible.
As for the French Moroccan Canadian, the Moroccan part will shaft that individual.
When I was in the US, LEAVING for that matter, the Customs and Border Patrol agent went through my "reporting out of the country" visit pretty quick (in fact he thought the idea that the TSA guy decided to flag me as a "person of interest" was ridiculous) but they were pretty mean to that Moroccan lady for no reason. She was leaving. Her student visa was done, her work and study thing was also done and she was leaving.
Lunatik, people in the US have no idea about those things about Turkey. In fact, if anyone has even heard of Turkey other than the bird, they'd know it from "24" where in one of the seasons one of the terrorists was Turkish. "TURKISH??? TERRORIST!!! WHAT HE WANTS A SUPPRESSOR???? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH SEND IN DELTA FORCE!!!!!!!!!!"