Can China Allow Korea to Unite Peacefully? - Page 9




 
--
 
October 21st, 2004  
FlyingFrog
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
China - isn't it amazing how criticial they are to the equation? They have the power (if they choose) to strongarm North Korea into negotiating a peaceful reunification with the South. They could make it happen faster than anyone dares dream. They also have the power to string the current situation along almost indefinitely. They seem to push for the status quo though there is no obvious reason for doing so except paranoia. .
Now knowing S.Koreans are against Chinese, so why should China help them unify. Playing N.Korea against S.Korea seems quite reasonable under current anti-Chinese sentiment in S.Korea, isn't it.

Just check the Chinese websites, especially those inside China, you then know how Chinese treat S.Koreans now, especially after the "Gaojuli" issue.

China Moves 30,000 Troops To N Korean Border
http://216.26.163.62/2004/ea_china_10_12.html
October 22nd, 2004  
Big_Z
 
 
If American took that attitude the world would be a very very sad place.
October 22nd, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
Flying Frog, didn't you say China would like or wouldn't mind a united Korea? What's the sudden change? Didn't China have a united Korea at its border for centuries?
--
October 22nd, 2004  
Young Winston
 
 
China will be happy to see a re-unification between NK and SK in the long run. I think the overall process of getting there politically and economically is a worry for China.

One of China's big concerns is that a sudden collapse of NK will cause a massive refugee problem at the Chinese-NK border which they just don't want on their "dinner plate" at this stage.
October 22nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Flying Frog, didn't you say China would like or wouldn't mind a united Korea? What's the sudden change? Didn't China have a united Korea at its border for centuries?
Things change fast in this fast going new world

FYI, Chinese government just banned any Chinese officials to hire Korean maiden in house, "afraid of" them being Korean spies
A lot of Korean refuguees working in China as servants in the Chinese families especially in Beijing and Northern Provinces since Chinese like them they only work but don't talk.

aussiejohn:
Yes, in the long run Korea will be united for sure. China does not worry about Korea at all, they have been good puppet of Chinese empires for long time in history, in the future as long as they stay as good puppet of China, Chinese won't mind if they got united.
October 22nd, 2004  
SAINT
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
China does not worry about Korea at all, they have been good puppet of Chinese empires for long time in history, in the future as long as they stay as good puppet of China, Chinese won't mind if they got united.
Must every country in the Pacific region be China's puppet nations?

Shall Japan be China's puppet nation too, before China is happy?
October 22nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog
 
Who said every nation must be China's puppet?

Japan? Japan has been Chinese puppil for thousand years, learning basically everything from China, writting their country's name and all their personal names in Chinese, Japan is basically the No1 Chinese civiliazation influenced country in the world outside China, of course Korea too except Korea changed most of their writting systems
October 22nd, 2004  
Doc.S
 
Yes they can - When China goes superpower in the world Taiwan will pray to be a part of China again, welcome to the global world finance èra.

Cheers:
Doc.S

October 22nd, 2004  
03USMC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINT

Must every country in the Pacific region be China's puppet nations?

Shall Japan be China's puppet nation too, before China is happy?

It would seem so wouldn't it? The more I read the posts here the more I am reminded of the. "Greater Asia Co-prosperity sphere" that was all the rage in the late 30'S
October 23rd, 2004  
A Can of Man
 
 
Actually the Chinese origined culture the Japanese learned was from Korea, not China. It's a simple matter of geography that can determine this. If China was the direct source, then it would be the Okinawa Islands that would be most influenced by the Chinese culture, not Honshu.
Not to mention there's a lot of documents about trades between Korea and Japan. China, I think, didn't care much for people they regarded as "backward barbarians."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Who said every nation must be China's puppet?

Japan? Japan has been Chinese puppil for thousand years, learning basically everything from China, writting their country's name and all their personal names in Chinese, Japan is basically the No1 Chinese civiliazation influenced country in the world outside China, of course Korea too except Korea changed most of their writting systems