Can China Allow Korea to Unite Peacefully?

Using its superior, better experienced, better equipped infantry, the North Koreans attacked South Korea on June 25th, 1950.
People do say that who started the war itself is debatable but this is because there were limited front line skirmishes here and there. However, anyone who has half a knowledge of military matters knows that to execute an offensive as efficient and as effective as the one the North Koreans launched, one had to have planned and started it itself.
Not to mention, South Korea didn't have much of anything to start a war with.
Basically other than "skirmishes" which continued after the Korean War, evidence points towards North Korean invasion of the South.

I think this should be the North Korea - South Korea - China thread.

Oh aight , ty for the reply.I thought you were talking about North Korea starting a war with USA ( I was in that USA worried about North Koreas nuclear programme mindframe )

Precision said:
Even with advanced tecnology and such owned by the us military, it will be hard to even breakthrough and destory/conquer north korea.
1) diffcult terrain does not allow blitzkrieg style fighting the us excells at such as during desert storm
2) the regular north korean soldier is much more agressive and patrioic as well as endurance than what many americans think.
3) while the us has massive air support and a undefeatable navy, north koreans have thousands of pieces of artillery hidden well under the bunkers build since the 50s
4) China will intervene, which is probaly what will happen and is the strongest point of the 4 i listed here

The soldiers are well fed and taken care of but the rest of the Country is eating grass soup. No, North Korea will implode with a whimper, not an all out war with any Nation.

The soldiers are well fed and taken care of but the rest of the Country is eating grass soup. No, North Korea will implode with a whimper, not an all out war with any Nation.

But frankly speaking, I think N.Koreans are just much much poorer than (most) rest of the world, but it is not in Starving to death process.

Well, above is a bit off-topic, but I still believe China and Chinese people would like to bless them to get re-united with S.Korea, soon or later. God help them, I hope.

I agree with flyingfrog. I dont think is how western news show the north koreans. They might not eat meat everyday, but they have their basic needs.

It comes and goes in waves, plus North Korea recieves aid from China and some other organizations.
It's not "just Western propaganda," this is from the sources from North Koreans living secretly in Manchuria. There are networks of the ethnic Koreans there sheltering those who do make it across the more lightly patrolled border between North Korea and China.
Videos from North Korea... the school children are skin and bones, their level of starvation attempted to be hidden by "stage makeup" that are applied but they look so ridiculously scrawny. And this was in a video that the North Koreans prepared to try to impress us...

the_13th_redneck said:
It comes and goes in waves, plus North Korea recieves aid from China and some other organizations.
It's not "just Western propaganda," this is from the sources from North Koreans living secretly in Manchuria. There are networks of the ethnic Koreans there sheltering those who do make it across the more lightly patrolled border between North Korea and China.
Videos from North Korea... the school children are skin and bones, their level of starvation attempted to be hidden by "stage makeup" that are applied but they look so ridiculously scrawny. And this was in a video that the North Koreans prepared to try to impress us...

I bet in Korea you also know this Chinese old saying: only seeing the tree but not the forest. You only viewed a bad vedio than you claim all N.Koreans are like in starvation. I also watched that BBC vedio showing skinny kids, but I know it is only a small number of kids like that during hard times. You can only know what N.Korea's real situation is, when you know how that country is really run, it is at least communist country, most of people are properly fed, although compared to many other countries, they are poor, like C.A.F.E.S. said: They might not eat meat everyday, but they have their basic needs.

Well, back to Topic.

Back