Can China Allow Korea to Unite Peacefully?

Shadowalker said:
[quote="FlyingFrog
The fact is USA is not GOING TO control Japan, but IS controlling japan.

I think only a person living in japan or has lived there can tell us how much that is felt.[/quote]

For a plain citizen, he/she will normally not think or feel that, just like some happy colony people, but their government is pretty much under control of foreign powers, only those who cares politics would feel that I bet.

Something like: the government wants to develop a much stronger army or even nukes, but their uncle sam told them: no, you don't need to do that, we already have all of them to protect you. Got it?

My God, nowadays everyone wanna a LINK a SOURCE, sometimes many things are simply so, plainly common sense common knowledge, where can I find such a source? :D

Something like You say you are a man or woman, can I ask you do you got a SOURCE?

You'll be surprised about the "Koreans hate Japanese to death" part.
South Korea's relations with Japan have cooled considerably. It's still pretty split on this part, but the people who are strongly against Japan are either the ones who suffered directly because of them, or people who just can't see what's going on NOW.
Besides, it's not like China's done us any favors historically. Japan and Korea fought two or three times... and only twice in major war, Korea winning the first, Japan winning the second... the third was some Korean anti-pirate action. China however, showed up every time the leaves changed colors. Korea's been at war over 900 times in its history.. roughly 1000 years. Only very few wars with Japan. That leaves us with China and the northern barbarians.
Japan as a declining power? Oh please. Sure RELATIVE to China yeah because China's playing turbo catch up. This is bound to speed up now that your good friends the French are going to sell technology.

So just saying, Korea's attitude towards China isn't rosy either.
So don't expect people to flock under the wings of China and use it as a catalyst for unification.

FlyingFrog said:
Korea will be united, that's for sure.

The only question is: when?

I don't see this unification happening in at least 30 to 40 years.
Let's say when NK Kim dies after some 20 years, then NK collapses immediately and NK unites with SK peacefully, then it will again take some 10 to 20 years to make the 2 Korea's really function like one, like E.Germany and W.G.

So it may take some 40 years for the 2 Korea's to get really united I bet.

40 years, jesus christmas, in 2050 China is already super super strong, do you think USA of now cares anything about Korea's military or economic strength? Same applies to China in 2050.

So, for Chinese, we would like to see Korea united, they pose no danger to Chinese, so no problem for us.

Also, Koreans hate Japans to death, so things are looking pretty good for us in this aspect too.

Btw Japan's time is over, it's in comparative sense becomig weaker and weaker compared to China and rest of the rising powers, there is no need to treat them as a threat at all. Another thing is that the whole japan is in the hands of the Americans, pretty good for us.

To deal with the whole issue of Korea uniting once again, of course Korea will. That is something I think everyone feels is true :D The real issue is how, as long as Kim Jong is alive it will never happen unless he wins total control. But who knows, maybe the fat, tyrannical pig will fall over dead from a heart attack one day and rid the world of his miserable self. That can make it much easier to begin the reunification process. Although it will be long and difficult, it will happen and I think most of the world feels the same way. :)

Sounds a lot like the rhetoric from the days of Kim Sung. His replacement didn't really improve things now did he? No, something more drastic would have to happen or the remarriage is a no-go.

Anyone knows how many sons does the NK president Kim have?

I bet he should have many sons since he has a lot of pretty women.

So even if Kim dies, his sons will take up his course and lead NK as strong men again.

13RedNeck, you may have been living outside Korea for long time that's why you would like to believe S.Koreans don't hate japan. I think I know more than you do since it is very clear almost every Korean does not like Japan.

China has been good to Korea in the long history, but Japan was very cruel against Koreans when they colonised Korea.

Don't try to think since Japan is now very rich you want to be their friend or feel you are close to them, their days can be counted I believe, it is an exception in the long history that the island Japan surpassed their masters in the continent.

FlyingFrog said:
My God, nowadays everyone wanna a LINK a SOURCE, sometimes many things are simply so, plainly common sense common knowledge, where can I find such a source? :D

Something like You say you are a man or woman, can I ask you do you got a SOURCE?

Some peoples common sense is not the same as others. If i strip naked that is my source for if i am a man or woman :D !

it is an exception in the long history that the island Japan surpassed their masters in the continent.
Its dangerous to think like that, thats how people end up calling you racist and how wars are started

FF have you lived in Korea? know how south koreans view japan?

hey, guys, I think the time when Korea get united is also the time when China get united again.

That is a perfect chance for China to make deals with US.

That is perfect chance for both side to comprise some and get some.

Miss that time, the next war is certain.

If China were to change their position significantly, they could make a peaceful unification happen very soon. If NK didn't have China supporting them, I don't think they'd last long, nor would they be so terribly brave about things. If China and the United States could work together to push for the reunification of Korea, it would happen very soon. Both could use to drop their own agendas, but bear in mind that China is backing the side that nobody else will. There is absolutely no reason for the US and China not to work together for the good of Asia. Korea is the very best of examples.

it is an exception in the long history that the island Japan surpassed their masters in the continent.
Its dangerous to think like that, thats how people end up calling you racist and how wars are started

That's right but Japan's rise in the past century was totally an exception, now the whole world in OPEN to every nation, so it will never happen more than Japan started to learn from West 150 years ago while China still thought China was the Middle Kingdom in the centre of the world. But now, we Chinese have awaken up, we are simply patient to get our historical glorry back to hands again.

FF have you lived in Korea? know how south koreans view japan?

This is commen knowledge in Asia, Koreans hate the Japans deeply because of the brutal rule of japan in Korea (after China ceded Korea to Japan as colony Japan rule Korea for some 50 years), and the large number of Korean comfort women in japans troops in WW2. Koreans are extremly anti-Japans, very common sense.

[/quote]

it's true, Koreans hate the Japanese, but thier trade & tourism doesn't show that. Will the two Koreas adventually merge? Yes. Is a unified Korea a threat to the CPC? Yes, even if the us is neutral at that point. Having a unified Korea and Vietnam and the Philipines, all hostile to China at the current time, would be a little unsetteling, oh, let's not forgeet little Communistic India down south. I'm not even factoring in Taiwan. They can more than hold thier own in a Nato lik union without the US, backed with thier own hardware and technology.

Koreans are anti-China?
China-Korea trade is flourishing. More and more Koreans are starting to learn Chinese, and Chinese language is becoming a MUST in many Korea universities now.

Vietnamese are anti-China?
China-Vietnam trade is flourishing.

Indians are anti-China?
Indians are establishing a better and better relationship with China since we both countries will get nothing from mutual hostilities but a lot of benefit if we cooperate with each other, we are not stupid nations.

Taiwan?
ha, they all speak very good Chinese and only Chinese :lol:

Well Frog, they have a point. Everyone in the neighborhood is not completely trusting of China because they are the unquestioned military powerhouse in the region. All is well while China remains peaceful, but nobody can guarantee China will always play nice.

godofthunder9010 said:
Well Frog, they have a point. Everyone in the neighborhood is not completely trusting of China because they are the unquestioned military powerhouse in the region. All is well while China remains peaceful, but nobody can guarantee China will always play nice.

godofthunder9010, you are very right.

But the fact among nations is: the national interest rules.
Today you are friends tomorrow you may become enemy, verse v too.
Example: in WW2 Germany and France were deadly enemies, but now they are friends.

China will remain peacefull, since future "war" is not about conquering lands more, it is all about superior economy, superior culture etc. In that sense, no one should fear about no one, if you (as small weak nation) does not act foolish.

Airborne said:
Having a unified Korea and Vietnam and the Philipines, all hostile to China at the current time,

do you watch TV news at all?
Even, at least your favourite Fox news?
cause you talk just like only to yourself. ;)

The Chinese PM is in vietnam today or yesterday, SK's No.1 exporting country is China. Philipines president just declare won't let Taiwan's presdient flee to their islands if war between China and TW happen.
Please, please, watch some news, or read some newspaper before you get some points...... :evil:

whosewar2000 said:
Airborne said:
Having a unified Korea and Vietnam and the Philipines, all hostile to China at the current time,

do you watch TV news at all?
Even, at least your favourite Fox news?
cause you talk just like only to yourself. ;)

The Chinese PM is in vietnam today or yesterday, SK's No.1 exporting country is China. Philipines president just declare won't let Taiwan's presdient flee to their islands if war between China and TW happen.
Please, please, watch some news, or read some newspaper before you get some points...... :evil:

You would do well to heed your own advice.

Flying Frog, remember the Asian Cup final between China and Japan? Well, the Korean guys and I showed up to cheer for Japan.

Back