can I change my re-4 code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlawson181

I know you guys know what an re-4 means but my story is a little different. I was a contracted Navy S.E.A.L. They even pulled me to go early cause of my scores on the physical standpoint, and when I was in bootcamp I learned of problems at home that caused me to drop from the program. Right then I felt I had made a mistake. I then became an AO and was stationed to the Nimitz. From then on I was in pure misery. It was nothing like what I signed up for. I was very active everyday until I got to the ship. I had huge problems with depression since I dropped from the seals and was now hating life on the ship. Everyone knows that Navy S.E.A.L.S. are dedicated, motivated individuals and thats what I should have done. I ended up talking with a chaplain of my problems and asked to get out of the military. In order to get me out asap, they gave me an honorable discharge with a KFV and a reenlistment code of an re-4. My evals were near perfect and I never got into trouble. I want back in more than anything and become my dream of a Navy S.E.A.L..Is it possible to get back in? I have all the information on me including my DD form 214, a C.O. letter and my final eval. Somethings not right. There is nothing wrong with me medically or physically. I was nominated for sailor of the quarter and got all my qualifications done before everyone else. I just hated being on a ship when I should have been in BUDS. I know how hard the training is and I was fully prepared to go in. I was rated from the recruiters and a few officers at 97% positive to make it through BUDS training. Could I get it changed? and How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back