Can anyone give some advice on the C-7....?

CanadianCowgirl

I have problems when we go out on the range with the C-7s. I'm fine with prone position but when I'm standing or kneeling I shake really bad and can't keep a steady shot. I've tried following the "Marksmanship Principles" but they didn't seem to help me improve. Can anyone help me out?

It is almost impossible to give good marksmanship advice for specific problems without being there in person to see what is actually going wrong, but I think the most likely source of your problem is being too tense. You don't have to keep the weapon solid as a rock the whole time, just relax and when you are not actually taking a shot, let the muzzle drop (just slightly, just enough to loosen yourself up). You might also be pressing the butt plate too firmly into your shoulder, it only needs to rest there. Some folks with more experience in marksmanship instruction are on the forum, and if this doesn't help you, I'm sure that they will be able to give you a hand.

You lean into the weapon, but not dramatically so. So incline your upper body slightly towards your target.

You don't really get enough time on the weapon during your training to master it... And unfortunately even when you get to a unit, you don't get much time. Lean into the weapon, have it tight in the shoulder, point your finger along the hand guards, and almost point at what you want to fire at, let the weapon move up and down, Relax, remember the marksmanship principals and fire... Take your time... Some people want to get their rounds down range as soon as possible, but on a CF range you have plenty of time to shoot. The key is relaxing though....

Yeah relaxing is most important. Also be easy on the trigger pull. Often people twitch their whole hand accidently because they pull too hard on the trigger and it sets the whole rifle off. Also time your breathing... works for most people anyways. The best time to pull the trigger is just after you've breathed out.

Applie breathing rhythems and im gunna say opposit what they said but just try different ways of holding it what someone told to me is just to find a posistion that is comfortable and breath in and out try to keep it steady. Pull the triger easy so you dont shift your rifle in a hole new position. make sure you have the but of the gun tight enough that the recoil wont bruise your shoulder (but if is a .22 cal you should worry much)

BTW are you using a scope or sights?

I found that breathing was a huge issue when I was learning to shoot. Really you have to find a technique that works with you, same with a grip. I find that exhaling half your breath then holding it for the shot works best. Try meditating before you shoot too, sounds stupid but it really calms you down.

Yeah her scope would be adjusted as soon as she hit the range, On CF ranges you always group and zero before commencing applications... It's all about practice, and hardly anyone in the forces gets enough of it.

well i have hosted plent of matches and rookies would have thought that they have there scope adjusted it wasnt they would aim at least 5.6.7 inches off the bullseye

Well, not to go off topic too much, But we are talking about military ranges, where there are many Range Safety Officers, and NCO's which will coach the troops on the firing line. As with the rest of the training it is taken pretty seriously because every soldier needs to have his or her weapon zeroed for obvious reasons....

what type of ammunition are you using. i found out that every gun has a certain type of ammo it likes

Back