Can anyone beat Univ. So Cal in NCAA Football?

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Ok folks, I am a big USC fan and have been since High School. After last nights game, do you think there is really a school out there that has a remote chance of beating them this year? Please explain why you think that.

The only ones left could be Cal and UCLA. Cal because it is Cal. Doesn't matter if Cal was in last place in the entire NCAA, it is a head game with those guys.

And UCLA because it is a cross town rivalry and UCLA actually has a pretty decent team this year.

What are your thoughts?

Notre Dame already beat them in my mind. They got ripped off on the last play of the game. Reggie Bush aided Osama Bin Leinart into the endzone. Persoanl foul, 15 yard penalty.

I can't say as I didn't see the game. I am not staying up until midnight or more to watch if you know what i mean. I will try and read about it if i can. Either way.... they still won.. and that wasn't the question.. :p

NOTDRE DAME WON THAT GAME!!!!!!! They got so ripped off...that wasnt a touchdown. If it was any other game then they would have let the time run out. It was a bull :cen: call and the refs should be shot.In the ass. With multiple pellets. from a rapid fire pellet gun. Notre Dame has already beaten USC so yea there is a team that can beat em. Bush shoved him into the endzone wich is illegal in college football. the forward progress was stopped.

C/sergeant_henderson said:
NOTDRE DAME WON THAT GAME!!!!!!! They got so ripped off...that wasnt a touchdown. If it was any other game then they would have let the time run out. It was a bull :cen: call and the refs should be shot.In the ass. With multiple pellets. from a rapid fire pellet gun. Notre Dame has already beaten USC so yea there is a team that can beat em. Bush shoved him into the endzone wich is illegal in college football. the forward progress was stopped.

first off, Infidel... HIGH FIVE!!

second, i wouldnt complain about a noncall. remember that punt return? ya block in the back. not called. take a tuchdown away from both teams and who wins? USC. tyvm. also, that rule is never enforced anyway. it happens a million times in a game. dont tell me you havnt seen a running back hit the hole, get stuffed and have everyone else push him ahead like a scrum. dont make excuses. everyone knows that rule is never enforced anyway.
oh, and lemme include some quotes by Coach Charlie Weiss (hes ND's head coach for u who dont know)

"That was a hard-fought [bleeping] battle, " said Weis, as the USC players shushed each other to hear the Notre Dame coach. "I just want to wish you good luck the rest of the way. I hope you win out." - Charlie Weis

On the so called "bush push" :
"That's a heads-up by Reggie and hopefully any running back I had would be pushing right along with him." - Charlie Weis

FIGHT ON!!!
LEAVE NO DOUBT!!!

you USC fans may not like this. I was actually hoping Matt Leinart would get hurt. I have such Anger when it comes to USC.

nice one pyro. And thank you behmoth you proved my point. that rule is never enforced. And the one time they should enforce it, they did not. The game would have been over if the referees were half way competent football officials. Notre Dame totally outplayed USC and the punt block was fine. i do see it all the time and it should be called every time because most of the time it happens near the goal line and the player gets across into the endzone illegally. They need to start tightening up on the rules or the players are going to keep taking advantage of the calls that nobody recognizes. It was an illegal touchdown and Notre Dame deserved to win. As to the quote by Weiss, I want to be in the locker room with no cameras and hear what he has to say. All people are different when the red light is on. DUH. Notre Dame has beaten USC and thats what I hafta say about that.

the point i was making by saying its never enforced is that it is a stupid rule. its not only not enforced in college, but it is not enforced in the NFL or in high school football. its the rule that needs to be changed, not whether or not it is enforced. its a horrible rule. y shouldnt a player push his own guy? and like i said before, call bush on pushing and call ND for a block in the back on that punt return and the score should be the same. if every call was made then the game would never end because there is holding on every single play.

one thing i agree with you on is that ND should have won that game. plain and simple ND should have won. i was shitting my pants on 4th and 8. then leinart calls and audible. im like, "matt wtf are you doing? no one can hear." but i was wrong. he audible to a go route to jarret. a go route on 4th and 8 with the game on the line. who does that? its a case of pure brilliance or utter madness. but since its the heisman winner, ill take the former. so its 4th and 8. leinart throws it to who? thats right NUMBER 8. DJ catches the ball in double coverage and turns what should have been the end of the game into a 60 yd play that IMO sealed the win right there. there was no way you were gonna keep USC out of the endzone after that.

but going back to the push. you obviously dont or havnt played football. ask anyone about it... even the ND fans before this game would agree that it is a BS rule. should be thrown out. no one agrees with the rule.

heres a quote from an Irish fan that maybe you should listen to

OK....i have to say it...PLEASE STOP BITCHING, IRISH FANS!!!! I AM VERY PISSED about the game as well, but ITS OVER!!!! NOTHING AT ALL will change that. We still have BYU this week, who has been know to screw things up for us in the past. BE a real fan and suck it up and move on! Can you imagine the shitty condition our team would be in for the rest of the year if they all dwelled on last week? C'mon guys (and gals), lets make some comments about this week's college games. There are plenty of games left this season...anything can happen!

Irish fan..That souds a little more like a USC fan...or yourself...and who said anything about holding?and the audible could have been luck...The pushing rule is a BS rule but a rule is a rule. Military folks know that and they learn to suck it up. So Im going to back off. You should too. I dont give a dam about USC or ND. Im a georgia fan or alabama. So im not postin about this anymore. you need to learn to suck things up too...Besides, they didnt call it anyway so it doesnt matter.

Notre Dame SHOULD have beat USC, but they got lucky. Next year will be the real test for USC, as they lost a lot of players due to the NFL draft, underclassman as well.

Back