Camp Mercer Korea

Hutchie

Hey folks, My name is John Hutchins and I served in Bco 802nd Engineers from August 1971 to Oct 1973 , most of the time in Camp Mercer - O Jung Ri Korea , between Kimpo and Ascom. Before I went home, we moved to Camp Humphries. I went back for a visit in 1994 and was shocked at the change. To everyone here, thanks for your service to our country!

Camp Mercer

I served with the 40th Engineer Company Topo (Corps) at Camp Mercer from 1968 thru 1969. You mentioned that you visited Mercer in 1994. Can you tell me how it has changed? Is the small villege still at the entrance road to the camp? I remember it being very small. Probably no more than 20 to 30 hooches.

I served with the 40th Engineer Company Topo (Corps) at Camp Mercer from 1968 thru 1969. You mentioned that you visited Mercer in 1994. Can you tell me how it has changed? Is the small villege still at the entrance road to the camp? I remember it being very small. Probably no more than 20 to 30 hooches.
My brother was stationed at Camp Mercer in 60's Would like to get pictures if you care to share

Hey folks, My name is John Hutchins and I served in Bco 802nd Engineers from August 1971 to Oct 1973 , most of the time in Camp Mercer - O Jung Ri Korea , between Kimpo and Ascom. Before I went home, we moved to Camp Humphries. I went back for a visit in 1994 and was shocked at the change. To everyone here, thanks for your service to our country!

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy it!​

My name is Kevin Wright and I was stationed at Camp Mercer the same time you were John. I was with the 40th and served with the Survey Platoon and later as Operations SGT. My time in Korea was the best of my days in the Army.

CAMP MERCER

I Was There in 1971-1972 oct1, Sgt.cohely,R&U SHOP, I Left Korea,on My Birthday OCT 1st.I REMEMBER SGT.HAWKINS TOO HE's A Great Guy.
I WORKED THE FRONT GATE SP. I EVEN MET GARY WARD A FEW YEARS AGO. HELLO FROM KY. I MISS ALL

RCH

I WAS THERE IN CAMP MERCER IN 1971 -1972,YEA I REMEMBER I WAS SP AT FRONT GATE,THANKS ALL FOR BEING THERE

Hell, I can't believe it took me so long to get back to this forum! Yea, as I said, went back to Korea in 1994, can't imagine what it's like today. Kimpo was a huge city, Seoul, holy hell, frigging huge and ultra modern. Still, the air pollution was bad, diesel smoke was bad everywhere. Couldn't get to Camp Mercer, as it was a business trip, but I spent 2 weeks in Yeosu (my wife's home town). I talk with John McComas pretty often, he's near Atlanta, Ga. My phone# is 207-326-9400 and email penobscotufo@yahoo.com. john

camp mercer

My brother served 1966 to 1968 I'm looking for pictures of the 3 generators there Doesn't matter the year, you were there We looking for pictures Thank you for serving

I believe that I was stationed at Camp Mercer during 1968-69 as a process photographer with the 40th Engineer Co. I just don't remember the compound being called Camp Mercer, but then it's been 45 years.

40th Engr Co 1969-1970 MOS 82D20

Looking for anyone that was there when I was (June 69-July 70). We had several from our class that went over. Three went to Vietnam and later showed up when their 12 month tour was up, 3 or 4 went to a missile company at the DMZ and 2 or 3 went to Germany. We joined the rest of the surveyors already in country in the field on the other side of the country and spent just over half of our time TDY working for the Navy. I really enjoyed my time over there and still have contact with one other, Don Bruce. Other than Don, I haven't heard from anyone else.

Bruce Johnson

I should update my email<penobscotufo@gmail.com> Phone# same . I got a call out of the blue a while back from SSG Moffatt, Motor Pool Sergeant. Also Got a bunch of pictures given to me from the yearbook. RCH, got a couple pictures of you in SP uniform, JEEZ, you were skinny as a rail!

Hi Bruce hope you remember Mike Edgar, I have a lot of pictures from when we surveyed the coast of Korea for Nav Ocean. I was also at camp mercer from 69 to 70. My email medgar@comcast.net and you can also find me in facebook.

Last edited:
Back