Camp Mercer Korea

I also was in the 40th at Camp Mercer from june 1969 to july 1970 Topographic surveyor. I was great experience. Lots of good guys I served with. I have a few pics I will post at another time.

My understanding is, Camp Mercer is a ROK Army base now. You can see it on Google Earth. Would be nice to have a reunion of folks who served at Camp Mercer, though. Always thought it was a special place. Also it's where I first met my late wife, who passed away December 31. Met her at Camp Mercer Library, September 1971. She came with 2 other English majors from Seoul University to speak English.44 years we were married.

Attachments

• Kohui Hutchins photo.jpg
    Kohui Hutchins photo.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
You and I served together

I believe that I was stationed at Camp Mercer during 1968-69 as a process photographer with the 40th Engineer Co. I just don't remember the compound being called Camp Mercer, but then it's been 45 years.

I served with you at Camp Mercer. I was in the Ops Office with the WO and the SFC. I have a couple of pictures of you. Email me at hmccoy2@comcast.net and I will send them to you. I tried to attach here but it is too difficult. Harry

Camp Mercer, Korea, 40th Engineer Co.

I believe that I was stationed at Camp Mercer during 1968-69 as a process photographer with the 40th Engineer Co. I just don't remember the compound being called Camp Mercer, but then it's been 45 years.

I found a lot of pictures I took (originally color slides) within Camp Mercer, Korea during 1968-69. If interested, email me at mhlaca@gmail.com and I'll try to send you some. If you were in the 40th Engineer Co. you will probably recognize some of the people.

I was also in the 40th Eng. Co. from 1968-69. I have a number of pictures of the camp and fellow soldiers, which were originally color slides. If you email me at mhlaca@gmail.com I'll be happy to send you a few.

Camp Mercer

I was stationed there 40th Eng (Topo) from 1969-1970 Leaving in Jan 1970 I dont remember any body on here. I am Steve Vitel from Chicago and now retired and live in Florida Some of the guys I was friends with were,,Blake,Simpkins,Tona,Anderson,Mazerik,Valentti,Masterson. ODonald,Rutherford,and more I cant think of now.

Back