yes 15 65.22%
no 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 24th, 2004  
Sooners1

Topic: Cammies

Should cammies (BDU's) be allowed to be worn outside base?
May 24th, 2004  
Nero

Um... aren't Cammies the awards given to webcam people? Or do you mean BDUs? I'm confused...
May 25th, 2004  
Sooners1

Sorry, forget that all you are to young to realize that they were called cammies at one point.
--
Boots
May 25th, 2004  
RnderSafe

They are still called Cammies in the Marine Corps. BDUs in the Army.

So his usage of Cammies is correct.
May 25th, 2004  
Sooners1

How about this, the uniforms that you wear to go out in the field for training. That should work for most of them shouldnt it? The ones that look like camoflague.
May 25th, 2004  
AFSteliga

I don't know about the US, but our CADPATs are worn off base a lot. Mind you, most of the bases around here are in the middle of a city so, I dunno.
May 25th, 2004  

They are worn outside off base here too. I don't see a problem with that. What would be a reason to vote no?
May 25th, 2004  
AlexKall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooners1
Sorry, forget that all you are to young to realize that they were called cammies at one point.
Or not born in that country where that word is used to describe those

I put no, but then i came to think that they might still be "working" and i would say it should be.
May 25th, 2004  
Sooners1

The way I see it, our cammies are for battle and war they are not to be worn in the public. If there is some reason for you to go out where civi's or your good uniforms. That is the way it was when I was in. If we were caught out in the town, even to stop for gas, we were busted. They would put you on a Company type punishment.
May 25th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

I have no problem wearing them off base.