Cammies

Choose one:

• Total voters
I think that off base and in public the military needs to be dressed well. The new digi's that the Army wears look pretty sloppy. The ones the Marine Corps wears look better, but should still not be worn normally in public. I think that a basic dress uniform, like the Marine Corps kakhi shirt and green pants with white round cap, should be worn normally.
Would you rather look good while shot dead because of movement limitations, or look a little more casual while surviving because your cammie's allow for a greater range of motion? I'm sorry, but I just think that calling them sloppy is crazy...They look as neat as ever, very uniform, and help save lives. I'd want the people protecting my country to be relaxed too...I think it'd be fine...My dad wears his off base when he comes home to check on me. He gets 50% off Chick-Fil-A while in uniform...So I'm not complaining.

I vote NO.

While I was in I wore it off base, but I lived 2 blocks from base. I think what needs to be considered is the reason why they are not allowed off base. It is to protect the service members from being targeted. So I vote No, once again the Marine Corps seems to have it right. Keep them safe whenever possible. I would rather have My Marine safe from being someone idiots target than having him in his uniform off base, regardless of how hubba hubba he is wearing it.

To my knowledge the wear of Utilities off base by the USMC has nothing to do with protection. It is deemed a work uniform and therefore not authorized for leave or liberty. Service A and Service C as well as variants of the Blue Dress are authorized for wear off base as leave and liberty uniforms. All of these are more recognizable than a set of cammies.

To my knowledge the wear of Utilities off base by the USMC has nothing to do with protection. It is deemed a work uniform and therefore not authorized for leave or liberty. Service A and Service C as well as variants of the Blue Dress are authorized for wear off base as leave and liberty uniforms. All of these are more recognizable than a set of cammies.

03 I thank you for the info, this I was unaware of. My line of thinking was because the Corps does an amazing job of protecting their own. The Corps still have the best uniforms including cammies.

Back