Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 25th, 2004  
Marksman

Well here its alowed
May 26th, 2004  
Nero

Sorry, I am young, so that's probably why I didn't recognize the term.
May 26th, 2004  
GUNNER

We wear ours off base all the time, no big deal.

GUNNER
--
Boots
May 26th, 2004  
AlexKall

Fist time saw this i read it as Commies
May 26th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
Fist time saw this i read it as Commies
June 24th, 2007  
Pacific Lure

Topic: I voted yes.

I've seen my father in his Navy dungarees and white sailor uniform and my oldest brother in his Army dressed greens and camouflage (BDUs) - both retired now from 20+ years of service; and now I see my son in his desert uniform - and to me, there is nothing like a man in a military uniform (extremely sexy and majestic). This applies to the women in military uniform too.
June 24th, 2007  
major liability

Hmm, if you are currently serving in the US forces, would it be against the rules to purchase an ACU from a civilian retailer and wear that instead of your issued clothing outside of your base?
June 24th, 2007  
Padre

We call them DPCU's.

It is OK to wear them off-base during normal working hours if on a break to do banking for example or to collect supplies for example. But after normal work hours (4.30pm), no you can't wear them off base to shopping centres, malls, movies, etc.
July 12th, 2007  
istealfreefood

I think that off base and in public the military needs to be dressed well. The new digi's that the Army wears look pretty sloppy. The ones the Marine Corps wears look better, but should still not be worn normally in public. I think that a basic dress uniform, like the Marine Corps kakhi shirt and green pants with white round cap, should be worn normally.
July 13th, 2007  
pixiedustboo

I voted "yes," but I have a requirement...they have to be really hot in order to do so.

8)

Yum!