Camel Hunt

Missileer

Where's the camels and where's the shadows? Good thing I'm not hunting these things.

Camels.jpg

It is somewhat obvious which are the camels and which are photoshopped in. Pay attention to the shadows on the ground. Not to mention the light colored "sand" at the bottom of the photoshopped camels feet.

I would guess there are no more than 5 - 6 real camels in the photo.

I'm guessing the shot is taken from above from a plane or such, so every camel shadow belongs to a camel, maybe taken at sunrise or sunset to cast the shadow along the ground.

Well thats as good as I get, at 20 minutes to midnight. :sleep:

I'm guessing the shot is taken from above from a plane or such, so every camel shadow belongs to a camel, maybe taken at sunrise or sunset to cast the shadow along the ground.

Well thats as good as I get, at 20 minutes to midnight. :sleep:

I could buy that except for one thing. It does not matter from what view you take it (other than a worm's eye view) the shadows will still be differing lengths relative to the time of day..

I imagine this picture was taken at or around noon. The shadows are almost directly below the camels. If the picture was taken earlier or later in the day the shadows would be much longer. When the sun is overhead your shadow will be short. When the sun is on the side (morning or evening) your shadow will be long.

Take the shade off a lamp and use it as a "sun" and you will see what I mean.

Yeah honey I believe you, I don't need to try it. I was also judging the colours in the pic, just look not bright enough to be noon, to much red. Then again I keep away from camel they spit.

The photo was from one of those best photo of the year deals so I don't think it was photoshopped. The desert, as many helicopter pilots found out, can be sort of one dimensional and a dune will look flat when it is pretty tall. If the camels are at an odd angle such as on a hillside, their shadows will look different than if they were walking on flat ground.

Back