Calling Europeans - Euro 2008 soccer kicks off tomorrow

How was Kahn last season? Not showing his age yet? But Kahn is probably the best goalkeeper of recent times. Absolutely amazing goalkeeping.

Croatia are 2-1 up against Germany. Can they hang on to it???

They can! 2 - 1.
Another very good game between two very committed teams. Make no mistake, Croatia are a very fine team, they frustrated England in their qualifying group and are the reason England missed out (as well as England's buffoon at the helm.) If Croatia ever get their great young striker, Eduardo, back from his horrific leg injury, they will be terrific.

And Germany should still go through. Its warming up!:thumb: And Croatia may go far. The football in this tournament so far has been a credit to Europe.

Redneck - so Turkey made it after all - I missed that bit!
All your teams are still standing.

Turkey haven't made it yet. They still have one game to go and they must avoid defeat and if they draw, it may go down to a penalty shootout. It's the Czech Rep vs Turkey eliminator. So Turkey and the Czech Republic both find themselves in a must win situation. In the same group eliminated Switzerland will play an already qualified Portugal. No idea what will happen in that one.
Another big game tonight. Austria vs Poland.
Austria will look to avoid the same fate as Switzerland but even if they win they still have to face Germany who will also be looking for a win to seal qualification.
Game on!

And don't we know it - it's the will-power you know. And I know your keeper only too well! He's big and bad-tempered and has long been a star here with Arsenal (Boo) my team's closest and most implacable opponents.:cheers:

Redneck - Your other teams are still in there kicking.

I really wish that Bulgaria had made it there, so that you guys could have got a look at Berbatov - he's a relevation, pure class in every move. The very top clubs are chasing him so where he will end up next season, who knows. But if ever you get a chance take a moment to see him perform - beautiful, beautiful!
Germany's midfield was too flimsiness,no creativity

I can't believe Austria is a goal behind right now at half time.
Unbelievable!!! :(
They dominated the first half entirely... should have been 3-0 up in the first 18 minutes.
NUTS!

they realy played embarrasing for german soccer... Jansen and Gomez probably were the main reasons why we lost... but the whole german game was bad...

btw. the EM is probably the best tournament worldwide and also the hardest... WM is easier, thats why we always lose the em and score in WM ^^

they realy played embarrasing for german soccer... Jansen and Gomez probably were the main reasons why we lost... but the whole german game was bad...

btw. the EM is probably the best tournament worldwide and also the hardest... WM is easier, thats why we always lose the em and score in WM ^^

It's only harder because you have 16 teams instead of 32.

I can't believe Austria is a goal behind right now at half time.
Unbelievable!!! :(
They dominated the first half entirely... should have been 3-0 up in the first 18 minutes.
NUTS!
that's a real shame... not. :angel:

nuts... evened up three minutes into extra time.

Poland-1
Austria-1
Final

Hey German fans - don't be too hard too soon. You have to take into account just how good Croatia are; they smothered the German mid-field in a very good game. Croatia are also our (England) bogey-man at the moment. Germany have plenty time to come good. Scored a great goal BTW. Could be Portugal next.

As for Austria - yeah they should have gone three up in the first half.

Turkey v Czech Rep should be a great game

Thie tournament has been so good so far. If there have been any boring matches - I must have missed them.:rockin:

Last edited:
Austria vs Germany should be interesting. Maybe even a red card is in store.
But Austria now have a key man in defense suspended... I doubt a positive result.

I think that was defenitely Sweden vs. Greek. Germany will defenitely win against Aut... just a matter of time ;)

I have to agree - but it gets better and better for the viewers. I am enjoying being a neutral - can I recommend it to you?:)

Even if we will make it to the quarter finals we won't stand a chance against portugal... but maybe we will find our old strength back ^^

maybe you guys can go home early and your depressed manager can off himself. That guy looks like the personification of a "dark figure." Plus it's a short trip back ;) Stop by the majestic town of F*cking and buy some souvenirs.

says the south korean guy ;)
we managed to unite our country m8 ^^
without Germany football wldn't be what is it now

Yeah, they're still pissed off about that by the way. I know it was an Austrian dude's idea but it's unpopular nowadays nonetheless.

Just back. More great football being served up. Seems in Europe, the Germany-Austria battle is on already- OFF the pitch. At the last count a prominent German said 'you can't play football on skis!'

Right - back to the box. Sweden are putting in their usual robust never say die performance and the predator Larsson is still lurking. Oh no -they've taken him off.

Last edited:
Bäm in ya face, this goal was awesome and Sweden deserved it for making the second half lame ;) Spain didn't stop fighting

Yep - I think Sweden made the mistake of settling for the draw.:p

BTW ObjSR - I owe you and your countrymen an apology. Sir Geoff Hurst (1966 hat-trick) did NOT say that you played like us but without the humour - that was misquoted to me.

Not at all - in fact what he DID say was that he was behind Germany to win because "We are so like the Germans, except that they are good at taking penalties"! He made the front page of The Sun with that - double page spread. Later that day I joined him at a football function. Sorry for the mistake - I should have stayed sober.

Last edited:
Back