Call of Duty

meh, its ok
like the idea of the ironsights, tho it had descended into the ranks of kiddy fragger
i played it, finished it and shelved it, as the pace of the game annoyed me, it seemed everything moved too fast and it felt annoying and arcadey, but the gfx were cool

Locke said:
meh, its ok
like the idea of the ironsights, tho it had descended into the ranks of kiddy fragger
i played it, finished it and shelved it, as the pace of the game annoyed me, it seemed everything moved too fast and it felt annoying and arcadey, but the gfx were cool

So I'm not the only one who noticed that, cool. I also wondered why at times, when you shot someone it wouldn't hit them at times...

I wont play any game that hasnt got ironsights

has anyone played counterstrike? what a pile of wank

Yeah counterstrike is pretty bad. It's even worse when old CS players try to beg the America's Army staff for knives and MP5SPD submachine guns...pisses everybody off and gets them banned.

I thought Call of Duty was good...pretty intense at times but the AI is bad and, frankly, I've had better reenactments of WWII battles in my backyard with modern AirSoft weapons.

meh
if you like FPS check out these games in the next couple of months:
*Brothers in arms
*Close combat:First to fight
*Rainbow 6: Lockdown
*STALKER:the shadow of chernobyl
*Hitman:Blood money

on the non FPS front:
*Age of empires3
*starcraft2
*Civilisation4

and one last one:
*the Chronicles of Riddick
yes it came out last year but it was tagged as one of the best games which got overloooked, and from everything iv read,its well worth getting

so yeah, good year for the gamers!!!

Im thinkin of getting Call of Duty or Close Combat:First to Fight.

They keep on delaying the game. Its set to come out on March 8 in EB GAMES right now.

i went in and talked to the guys @ EB and they said first to fight is out march 18
that said, if you read Take2's fiscal report for December and all of 2004 it mentions what games are going to be released next (this) year and it says that FTF is out in Q2 '05, so hopefully they are wrong!!!!!!

Call of Duty was a phenomenal game, the first 10 minutes of the Stalingrad campaign where some of the best ever in an interactive simulation.

c/LtCdr said:
Yeah counterstrike is pretty bad. It's even worse when old CS players try to beg the America's Army staff for knives and MP5SPD submachine guns...pisses everybody off and gets them banned.

I thought Call of Duty was good...pretty intense at times but the AI is bad and, frankly, I've had better reenactments of WWII battles in my backyard with modern AirSoft weapons.

Yeah, the AI are really dumb. They stand right out in the open and die. Then I get all moody.

And the friendly AI block you from moving and even when you click to make them get out of the friggin way they only go like a foot and stop. Then you die. Pisses me off!

i dont have CoD but i played it, it's far from realistic (sounds suck) but i love the intensity of it and the neat features and squad system they made, and i've looked at what that takes and throguhout the whole game making it look and feel that good is really tough, i admire them for that.

Back