Call of Duty Help

The Other Guy

Spam King
I just reinstalled Call of Duty (the original) on my computer. While I was playing online I came to a server that downloaded a "modern" weapons set. The only problem is it has changed the names of the old weapons to modern ones and it has also changed the sights on the scopes of the sniper rifles. It doesn't really affect gameplay, save the sights, and it doesn't do it in multiplayer mode, but it's annoying the crap out of me.

Does anyone know how to make it go away?

Ok, here's what you do. If you have United Offensive installed this may be tricky. Here's the steps:

1. Go to "My Computer".
2. Click "Local Disc (C:)".
3. Click on the folder named, "Program Files"
4. Look for the folder named, "Call of Duty Game Of The Year Edition". click on it.
5. Look for a folder called, "Main". In it there should be a bunch of pak files. Do not delete. Look for ones that say stuff like "zzz_filename" or something like that. If it's a modern weapons mod, it should say modweps or something like that.
6. If you find it, make a folder of your desktop named, "Call of Duty Mods"
7. Place any mods in there.

If it's not in the main folder, do this.
1. Repeat steps 1 through 4.
2. Look for a folder like, "modweps" or something similar.
3. Repeat steps 6 and 7.

Once I get on my computer at home i'll post what files to keep and which ones to move to a mod folder on your desktop. If you have Call Of Duty United Offensive installed, make a folder named "Call of Duty: UO Mods" also for custom maps make one called "Call of Duty: UO Maps" and store and United Offensive maps or mods in there. Also, if you go to multiplayer options, there should be an option called "Enable Downloading". Click no to disable that. To avoid downloading them, in the menu that shows the servers, on the right there will be some servers with an "X". That means they are modded if you just want to play without mods avoid those servers.

Last edited:
found a bunch of PK3s all of which look like they belong. there are a couple of files named cgame_mp_x86.dll and similar things to that. They're application extensions.

PS i just want to delete the mods. I don't want them and I don't really like the server they were on.

Hmmmm..... Ok. It may take a while but if you have the time can you post every folder name and the names of the files in those folders. Not every one on your computer but just the ones in the file named Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition. You don't have to but it would help. Just don't include the Pak files. That way I can cross-reference my folders woith yours to see if any extra are there. I keep mine unmodded so it should work. Also, if you are able to take screenshots of your desktop you can open the folders and take the screenshots and send me them via e-mail. Send me a PM and I'll tell you me e-mail.

keep those cgame_mp_x86.dll files. they are vital.

well, I did nothing and it appears to have just gone away on its own, but now I have a sound file missing and that prevents multiplayer from opening... I'm considering just reloading the whole bleeping thing.

Back