Call of duty 4

CrazyLilCajun

Milforum Cowgirl
Is it true that they arent making Call of Duty 4 for the PS2? that they are just doing that one for PS3 and xbox?

Uhh....yeah, it's true. Not just PS3 and 360, but also, it's for the Windows as well.

Awesome game though.

There are few times that mmarsh and I agree and guess what folks... this is one of those times.

Call of Duty 4 is the reason why I must own a Xbox 360. It's like my crack cocaine.... I NEED A HIT DAMMIT! I NEED IT NOW! Damn my friends for having a Xbox 360 and Call of Duty 4 and not giving it to me.

Oh, and I'm damn deadly with the M16A2/M203 combo.... :horsie:

5.56: Let not make agreeing a habit shall we? :wink:

I am fully certified (Marksmanship+Expert) with the M-16A3 though I prefer the red dot sight to the grenade launcher. It isn't my favorite gun though. Getting the 150 head shots was very difficult as the burst throws off your aim at long distance and the lack of a auto puts you at a disadvantage at medium to short. I died a lot with this gun. Its a jack of all trades, but it doesn't do any one role specifically well. A single-shot mode would have really helped.

I since have switched to the AK-47. Its 'OK' but its useless at long range and I really hate the iron sight. Once I certify I'll move on probably to the M-4.

The best gun I think is the M4 Carbine (I know 5.56 will be pleased), but I see so many people using it, I stay away for variety sake. The game is dull if everybody uses the same gun.

My favorite assault rifle is the M-14: though the G3 isn't bad either.

My true love though are the sniper rifles. I am close to finishing the M40A3. And I cannot wait to try the semi-autos.

Question: What is the point of the ACOG sight on a sniper rifle? It throws off your aim entire with the bobbing around. I just use the telescope.

Last edited:
So ive decided that after christmas I'm gonna upgrade to either the PS3 or the xbox 360...is the ps3 better than 2? what yall think?

Personally I think Xbox 360 is a much better choice. It's got more games and it's easier to code for so a lot of times it ends up having better graphics despite the PS3's hardware advantage. It also has a superior online service, if you don't mind paying $50 a year. PS3 is really tanking, Sony is losing a lot of money on it. If you want a Blu-ray player it's a great choice because they're selling it at a loss.

Otherwise I'd definitely stick with the 360.

PS3 is paying the price for overpricing their stuff. Also they've been real hurt by Konami's decision to delay Metal Gear Solid 4.

For more info about what Sony did wrong with the PS3 click here. No comprehensive online system like Xbox Live, their only good exclusive game (Resistance: Fall of Man) had to go up against Gears of War and Lost Planet with Halo 3 coming into the fray this fall, and Ace Combat 6 and Mass Effect came out in December the PS3 is just overwhelmed by the number of games offered by the 360. It's the exact opposite of what happened with the PS2 vs. Xbox.

Man if MGS 4 releases a 360 version PS3 is gone man... gone...
An essay through a song. Very profound

Last edited:
shot0422.jpg

The only advantage the PS3 has is the Blu-Ray drive. The XB360 beats it in every other catagory. Online community, Online support, unit price, price of games, number of games, quality of games, PC Windows support, etc...

Personally I prefer PC, but I am seriously thinking of an 360 (I have the original) toget my WWE fix.

cant wait till i get something that it will work on lol..might try the pc but i doubt it will work...who knows...maybe it will since the first one did.

Well, I've finally tried the multiplayer in CoD4 and I'm somewhat disappointed. It can be fun, but I expected it to be a bit more realistic (less run n' gun, more tactics).

So far my favorite weapons in multiplayer are the M16A4 with the red dot sight and the P90.

(less run n' gun, more tactics).

you may want to try one of the tactical rules servers....i know of the BdG clan servers make some very cool rules and modifications to the core game in favour of realism

also, try the "hardcore" mode....no radar + one shot kills

Back