Calif. Supreme Court upholds gay marriage ban

--

May 29th, 2009  
Chukpike

Topic: Calif. Supreme Court upholds gay marriage ban

Justices disagreed with gay rights activists who said that only elected lawmakers had the power to override the state Supreme Court.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...8_N.htm?csp=34
May 30th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

See there? People have spoken in their state. The people do have authority. Are you nice and smug now?
May 30th, 2009  
senojekips

Rob, I don't think smugness has anything to do with it. It's just satisfying to see that the right thing has been done in the eyes of the people.
--
May 30th, 2009  
Chukpike

It reaffirms my believe that in the democracy we have in the US the people are still the ultimate authority at least in California. In reading the courts decision that is what the court said.

Not smug, just satisfied that democracy is still alive.
May 30th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Well his entire argument was that the "vocal minority" was going to ***** and moan until they got their way, and it didn't turn out like that. AT ALL.
May 30th, 2009  
Chukpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
Well his entire argument was that the "vocal minority" was going to ***** and moan until they got their way, and it didn't turn out like that. AT ALL.
May be you could clarify your post with a source to back up your statement?
May 30th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
Don't tell me Rob that you don't believe that this is usually the way these things turn out?