The Cadet Image

cpl_clarke

I've been told that I'm a geek because I'm in cadets. Isn't it sad that you're now considered a geek for showing interest in the military? What have people said to you about being in cadets?

I've been called a loser before, but then I told them that I became a Pilot through it and they never said anything negative to me about Cadets again.

you name it i've probably been called it for being a CAP cadet. I say who's called upon when things go wrong? the military.

I'm in AJROTC and have been called a "pickle" a lot by other students. But it really feels good when adults say their proud of us.

My friends who aren't in the cadets don't really care, they have a light hearted dig at the military once in a while, but everyone else either dosn't know, care or reckons I m crazy

Most people think I am in the Air Force. So I get things like "when did you get back?" maybe one insult, but other then that people are cool. It's my fellow cadets tha sometimes give me a hard time lol. So I'm a female Sgt, get used to it 8)

Not really...the people that call me a geek usually shut up damn quick when I walk into a dance in dress whites... :D

A few weeks ago, I had gone to Wendy's after I finished gliding for the weekend, and I was still in my flight suit. Some girl asked me if I was a real air force pilot. It was kind of funny. I said I was under military contract to fly griffin Helicopters.

Along that note, I recently participated in a parade honering Audie Murphy, th most decorated soldiar of World War II. While I was marching with my unit to our assigned spot in the parade, sveral cheer leaders asked me if my rifle was real I told the m that it was not, and for a strange reasont htat brought out the "it looks so real" line. as we were marching I heard several small boys shouting at me to shoot it. I found this comical but managed to keep my Military bearing. LoL.

I used to get called a loser as well being in cadets. I honestly believe its because the people who call you names for being a cadet is because they are either jelous of you for having more fun than they are, or becuase you are able to do something they cannot.
Or more so because they dont know what cadets is all about. And Im sure we all know that most people, sadly, tend to make fun of or hate things they do not know about.

Its stupid really that people have such little minds they have to make themselfs feel better by trashing something others enjoy that they dont.

Cadets and all Junior Military/Cadet organizations are great.

We are cadets. New and Old

And we kick ass!

Cadet_Shelton said:
I'm in AJROTC and have been called a "pickle" a lot by other students. But it really feels good when adults say their proud of us.

Get used to it I was in AJROTC for 3 years retired as a C/Sgt and well I think Pickle was the most common heard phrase in our school on uniform day. Of course we aren't pickles the other students are just jealous of us.

C/Sgt Justin T. Adkinson, AJROTC (Ret)
Alpha Company Guidon
Hill Topper Battalion, Science Hill H.S.
Johnson City TN

WHat does calling someone a "pickle" have to do with the air force? I would understand "pidgeon" as what we're called, but "pickle"?

i guess its just he people at my school. here if you say your in cadets your open game to get the :cen: kicked out of you

Trevor said:
WHat does calling someone a "pickle" have to do with the air force? I would understand "pidgeon" as what we're called, but "pickle"?

AJROTC - army - they wear green uniforms. They actually look more like a partially peeled cucumber until they put their service coats on. At our school, calling them green beans can get you suspended. :shock:

I only say it around my friends, then they tell me I remind them of that girl off Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory - A blueberry. And we laugh. Lol.

Back