The Cadet Image

yeah, if im in my blue uniform ppl usually just stare or take the mick behind my back, but if im in my greens with a nice big "Royal Air Force" flash across my breast pocket they usually give respect. good way of gettin served for booze is that ;)

Wearing DPMS gets the respect but our blues look like our police force uniform :x :x :x :x :x

When you live in a small town like i do expect to be ragged on alot. I have gotten used to it though, when i get a free education and they dont i will be the last one laughing.

I am a 14 year old cadet female. I live in an area where we have JROTC, and CAP. If I walk into my church on Wednesday night, wearing my BDU pants, I get a few mock salutes, and the guys call me "Sergeant Tabitha of the Civil Air Patrol" I also got some folks called me names until I kicked 'em with my combat boots, it worked. And alot of teasing went down when I did color guard at relay for life.

Most people are just jealous because they either don't have the physical requirements or they have been brain-washed by their parents to not like the military. I personally don't care what people say about me as long as I know I don't. Some people are just mad cause there are numerous FINE girls in my AFJROTC class. When PT rolls around... Oh no offence to the female cadets or anything.

sergeant_henderson said:
Most people are just jealous because they either don't have the physical requirements or they have been brain-washed by their parents to not like the military. I personally don't care what people say about me as long as I know I don't. Some people are just mad cause there are numerous FINE girls in my AFJROTC class. When PT rolls around... Oh no offence to the female cadets or anything.

LOL! I at least agree with the Jealousy part!

Cadet Image? My cadet image is deciding to stay Chief until at least January, but most likely until February, and getting Second Lieutenant on or about my 16th B-Day!

C/sergeant_henderson said:
Some people are just mad cause there are numerous FINE girls in my AFJROTC class. When PT rolls around... Oh no offence to the female cadets or anything.
hm.....let me guess. You made them the recruiters?

alliehz said:
Some people are just mad cause there are numerous FINE girls in my AFJROTC class. When PT rolls around... Oh no offence to the female cadets or anything.
hm.....let me guess. You made them the recruiters?

LOL, that seems the only way to make jocks join (although why would you want them to join?)

Hey, we girls are doing more recruiting than the guys at present, and we are getting more guys to join than girls. which is not what we want.

youngCAPcadet said:
Hey, we girls are doing more recruiting than the guys at present, and we are getting more guys to join than girls. which is not what we want.

No one is in disagreement on that one.

Yeah...it's generally considered bad when a drill team is busy gaping at the females instead of trying to catch their rifles...

yea you are completly right I made them all recruiters because my team is just a bunch of perverts :roll: Please man I was pointing out that the other people are perverse because of the jealousy. And by the way, I make them recruiters because of the potential in the military aspect, not because of certain "endowments". You said it, not me.[/quote]

yea you are completly right I made them all recruiters because my team is just a bunch of perverts :roll: Please man I was pointing out that the other people are perverse because of the jealousy. And by the way, I make them recruiters because of the potential in the military aspect, not because of certain "endowments". You said it, not me.
The sad this is I was only joking, but I was right. :roll:

Lol, only because of military bearing will I not respond to that ridiculously stupid, very groundless statement. By the way " colonel" I suggest that you read the post before you start "quibbling".

Lol, only because of military bearing will I not respond to that ridiculously stupid, very groundless statement. By the way " colonel" I suggest that you read the post before you start "quibbling".
Ok...where do I begin.
First off, I'm not a Col, it's only a grade that I get on the forums because I have a certain post count.
Second, I don't "quibble"
And third, I hope you don't hit off conversations with people you don't like that often because that was a really bad first impression.

My fifth and finally point would be this. The later half of your comment lead me to believe that you where confirming the fact that indeed you made the females recruiters. Unfortunately, because of the fact that I can not see your facial expressions, nor can I hear the inflections in your voice that might suggest sarcasm I had little to go off of. Maybe a smiley would have brought out the sarcasm a little more or perhaps slightly different wording. In any case, don't be so quick to snap at a stranger, your second post (the one above) came off as rude, and because of military baring and just common sense I wont expand upon that any further.
If you where being sarcastic I apologize, it was hard to decipher your post, I have also been extremely sick the past few days. So I'm not exactly mentally sharp at the moment, nor am I in a good mood.

Your right Im sorry. I have not been in a good mood either. I am coming of a rocky relationship and really wanted to pick a fight and could only find it on a forum. Secondly, I was calling you colonel because I was typing it in a mocking tone that and i didnt know your real rank. Sorry pal, but yea i was bein sarcastic. As to that final point, I do make females recruiters, because they have outstanding potential. I make males recruiters as well. not because of the reasons you seem to have percieved but because of the reasons i was implying and stated. Once again, Im sorry that you retained the wrong impression but yes in a public school sometimes people are frank like that. Many people such as myself dont enjoy it but it comes to be a part of you.

As to that final point, I do make females recruiters, because they have outstanding potential. I make males recruiters as well. not because of the reasons you seem to have percieved but because of the reasons i was implying and stated. Once again, Im sorry that you retained the wrong impression but yes in a public school sometimes people are frank like that. Many people such as myself dont enjoy it but it comes to be a part of you.
I was only joking when I said the thing about females as recruiters, I don't actually believe you (or anyone) would actually do that. And yeah, I know people are frank in public schools, I've been there done that. I just don't like to conform to the crowd and make that a big part of my life.

hey when you have been in a public school for about 12 years you really start to slide in, even if you dont want to. Besides, I stand myself out enough by wearing my uniform. My sophmore class alone has 612 students and our entire cadet class is a whopping.........52 cadets. So I stand out pretty well.

Back