The Cadet Image

CrazyCadet142 said:
Trevor said:
WHat does calling someone a "pickle" have to do with the air force? I would understand "pidgeon" as what we're called, but "pickle"?

AJROTC - army - they wear green uniforms. They actually look more like a partially peeled cucumber until they put their service coats on. At our school, calling them green beans can get you suspended. :shock:

I only say it around my friends, then they tell me I remind them of that girl off Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory - A blueberry. And we laugh. Lol.

Ain't that funny. See the shade of Green Army Class A's are is called Olive drab. I don't know why, they just are.

In my school, about the only things we do well are JROTC and our band. So, needless to say, all the sports guys hate us cuz we get all the trophies, and that kindof spreads to the rest of the school. The ladies all love us on uniform days though...service dress blues, baby.

Trevor said:
you could get suspended for claling them green beans? :shock:

Yep :twisted:

Time said:
Ain't that funny. See the shade of Green Army Class A's are is called Olive drab. I don't know why, they just are.

Yep, I have O.D. Green socks instead of black ones.... yeppers, I'm special. Lol - just peekin'!

I got into an argument one day on a cadet function back when i was a new cadet with an army cadet (i was a sea cadet). Couple years later, we went to the same school, but were never friends.
I saw him getting beat up at school one day, I steped in and beat up the guys who were beating this army cadet kid up.
I got into trouble from the teachers for fighting, and cadets wasnt to pleased because of the view it gave at the point.
But no one seemed to beat up any other cadets that I know of !

Kudos! Lol, all you say to kids like that is "I've been trained to break your neck in 20 different places."

Actually, I steped in front of the guy punching him, then I got decked in the face, I looked at him and told him he had 30 seconds to walk away before I show him what I learned in cadets.
He hit me again and I sweep-kicked and threw him to the floor. Then I hit him a few times in the face. I didnt learn that in cadets, and hitting him like that wasnt to cadet-like... but common, he asked for it.
Then the rest was just a big fight for the most part.

That's never happened to me personally, however one of the MCJROTC cadets at our school started a fight...then during the court-martial/hearing the CAP guy he jumped attacked while he was supposed to be on the witness stand. That was a fun case to adjudicate... :rambo:

People in my school generally accept the uniform as a whole. They know if they disrespect it, they'll have some other people up their ases, wehther it'll be other cadets, our Instructors, or teachers. (Not that we generally turn to teachers or Instructors to... sort things out.) It's pretty easy going. God knows your shoes get scuffed. No one eve steps on your feet in the hallway ever. Except uniform day. :cen:

Our NJROTC has an image problem, EVERYONE makes fun of us, I hate it. They have so many misconceptions i get things like "If you are in ROTC, do you have to go in the Military?" I say sarcasticly "Yep, you go straight to Iraq after graduation!" and the other question "Do i get suspended if i touch you?" My girlfriend C/PO2 Feinman started that rumor! but our school is filled with rich white kids who don't care about serving their country! :cen:

Also our schools SNSI is a Russian guy with a thick accent and we call him the Russian Blur because he talks so much and so fast and he is almost a fascist! So people hear about him and they think that our unit sucks because of him (He made our Ops Officer Cry in class)

I have been called many things (especially because i was not born in this country) Ive been called: GI joe wanabe, Air force weenee sucker(dont know why), "Little boy wearing a uniform", and GEEK, for knowing much about the military

c/LtCdr said:
That's never happened to me personally, however one of the MCJROTC cadets at our school started a fight...then during the court-martial/hearing the CAP guy he jumped attacked while he was supposed to be on the witness stand. That was a fun case to adjudicate... :rambo:

You had a JROTC guy fight with a CAP guy? Who won? And why did they fight at all?
(I know we are not supposed to double post, but i dk how to put this in the other post)

Mod edit: LIKE THIS!

I've been called everything from Rot-see nazi to blueberry...

the last time I wore my dress blues I was a bit pissed about something... and someone told me I looked like a stone-cold killer... and most everyone in my school(about 300 kids in the whole school) doesn't mess with me when I'm pissed or in uniform.

I'm going to school on friday in my dad's old USMC dress blues... :D

Back