C-7- How do I stop shaking when I'm trying to shoot stuff?

CanadianCowgirl

Everytime I go out on the rifle range I shake like a leaf when in any position other than the prone position. It seems like my arms aren't long enough to hold it properly or something. I try doing all the breathing exercises but they don't seem to help. Any advice??

You can't be that small. Maybe you are just freaking out or something. Have you ever had someone come and look at how you are holding the rifle? Maybe you are holding it wrong....

alliehz said:
You can't be that small. Maybe you are just freaking out or something. Have you ever had someone come and look at how you are holding the rifle? Maybe you are holding it wrong....

:eek:fftopic: No offence to OCDTSmith, but she is kinda small. She's actually here on course with me, and she's told me about this little 'issue' and I haven't been able to figure it out either.

Chances are, RnderSafe should be able to tell you. It'd be a good idea to ask him.

We use the C-7. I almost failed my shooting test. You need a 15 to pass and I had 16. I'd really like to do better but I don't get the chance to practice all that much.

Ok i shoot alot in tournaments...Sometimes its all about the breathing rhythm..the correct position of holding the rifle and standing style.. I persionally kind leen forward..then theres the hole feet thing...If you could send me a picture of you shooting the rifle I could tell you whats wrong if RnderSafe hasnt

talk to those who know - thier knowledge is invaluable

do exercises to strengthen upper body muscles

practice. practice. practice

good luck!!!

Yes, yes, yes... Do bicep and shoulder exercises. And loosen your grip on the rifle(if it's tight). And I find that being shorter is actually better for shooting. Long, lanky arms are harder to control than shorter arms.

Joe252 said:
Ok i shoot alot in tournaments...Sometimes its all about the breathing rhythm..the correct position of holding the rifle and standing style.. I persionally kind leen forward..then theres the hole feet thing...If you could send me a picture of you shooting the rifle I could tell you whats wrong if RnderSafe hasnt

YEs. Breathing rhythms are good. Three deep breaths in and out and then on the last breath out, breathe out half way. This is good for the prone position. Make sure it's through the nose and not the mouth.

Try holding onto the magazine housing instead of the handguards... It will compromise other things, but if you find the weapon to big, it might help.

your breathing is very important, set a regular breathing pattern of full inhales and exhales, and hold your breath only for a short period while releasing your shot. try to avoid holding your breath for more than 6 secounds

if firing from a stress possition, make sure you get your round of quickly, the longer you weapon is shouldered the faster your arms begin to turn to jello. shaking can also be decreased by ensuring the rifle is pulled firmly into the shoulder. maintaining a possitive grip of the weapon helps lower fatigue and make your shots far more accurate. try using sand bags when available and work on proper firing possitions, stance and weapon grip,

also as a side note, gripping the weapon further back (i.e the mag housing) causes your rifle to kick up more than usual. this sucks when you need to get off 2 or three shots durring those 10 secound exsposher serials. rember the c7 has a tendency to climb up and to the right of the target, its best to grip the weapon properly. also if using the mag housing as a grip be sure to keep your thumb off the ejection port, i accidently put my thum over the ejection port and got a painfull little burn as well as a bolt-partialy forward stoppage, not fun on a 30 secound serial!!!

hope these smalll tips help

cheers

Remember the 4 marksmanship principals...
1. Position and hold be firm enough to support the weapon
2. Body must be naturally aligned to the target
3. Aiming must be correct in order to get the proper sight picture
4. Shot release and followthrough must me done in order not to disturb the path of the round.

well hold it correctly you shou;dn't have your forearm extended, there needs to be a slight bend, or at least a 45 degree angle to be comfortable. And of course breathe, make sure you exhale before you squeeze and try not to breath in.

Back