C-7- How do I stop shaking when I'm trying to shoot stuff?

--

October 3rd, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

Topic: C-7- How do I stop shaking when I'm trying to shoot stuff?

Everytime I go out on the rifle range I shake like a leaf when in any position other than the prone position. It seems like my arms aren't long enough to hold it properly or something. I try doing all the breathing exercises but they don't seem to help. Any advice??
October 3rd, 2004  
alliehz

You can't be that small. Maybe you are just freaking out or something. Have you ever had someone come and look at how you are holding the rifle? Maybe you are holding it wrong....
October 3rd, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

PM RnderSafe, he should tell you.
--
October 3rd, 2004  
AFSteliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliehz
You can't be that small. Maybe you are just freaking out or something. Have you ever had someone come and look at how you are holding the rifle? Maybe you are holding it wrong....
No offence to OCDTSmith, but she is kinda small. She's actually here on course with me, and she's told me about this little 'issue' and I haven't been able to figure it out either.

Chances are, RnderSafe should be able to tell you. It'd be a good idea to ask him.
October 5th, 2004  
c/Commander

What type of rifles are you using?
October 6th, 2004  
CanadianCowgirl

We use the C-7. I almost failed my shooting test. You need a 15 to pass and I had 16. I'd really like to do better but I don't get the chance to practice all that much.
November 21st, 2004  
Joe252

Ok i shoot alot in tournaments...Sometimes its all about the breathing rhythm..the correct position of holding the rifle and standing style.. I persionally kind leen forward..then theres the hole feet thing...If you could send me a picture of you shooting the rifle I could tell you whats wrong if RnderSafe hasnt
November 21st, 2004  
Locke

talk to those who know - thier knowledge is invaluable

do exercises to strengthen upper body muscles

practice. practice. practice

good luck!!!
November 21st, 2004  
silent driller

Yes, yes, yes... Do bicep and shoulder exercises. And loosen your grip on the rifle(if it's tight). And I find that being shorter is actually better for shooting. Long, lanky arms are harder to control than shorter arms.
November 22nd, 2004  
Trevor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe252
Ok i shoot alot in tournaments...Sometimes its all about the breathing rhythm..the correct position of holding the rifle and standing style.. I persionally kind leen forward..then theres the hole feet thing...If you could send me a picture of you shooting the rifle I could tell you whats wrong if RnderSafe hasnt
YEs. Breathing rhythms are good. Three deep breaths in and out and then on the last breath out, breathe out half way. This is good for the prone position. Make sure it's through the nose and not the mouth.