Bye bye birdie:)

MaKa9

Today at Akershus Fortress in Oslo, Norway I was watching the frigate "Fridjof Nansen" down at the docks. There were delegates from all over the world, including generals form china, finland etc.

Soaring in the air overhead was a new helicopter the Norwegian army has just baught a copy of. It was doing big manouvers in the air and just visible above the helicopter was a little bird flying around in circles. Ofcourse it had to get in the way of the big rotors of the chopper when it performed a 180'... Needless to say the bird didn´t last very long:(

Not that funny but I believe it was worth a mention:)

:visor: :angel:

AJChenMPH
The link didn't work, got a bunch of other vids instead. But if it's the one I'm thinking of, have seen it and if I hadn't stumbled on a web page about the incident, was sure the guys had carked it. Good to see they made it it out but scares me the way they seemed so calm, their training paid off.

Yes thats it but in the original one that I saw, you don't hear the eject command which is why I thought they died.
Is it just me or does the instructor sound almost bored.

He just knows his stuff. Besides, pilots hate to sound bad on the radio or on tape. ;)

From what I recall, the student more or less escaped injury, the instructor broke his leg.

MaKa9 said:
Soaring in the air overhead was a new helicopter the Norwegian army has just baught a copy of.

Why you little.....:box: for your information the Norwegian army hasen`t had any types of aircrafts in many many years!!! Air-domination is the responsebility of the proud Norwegian Air Force, both over land and sea!

:bravo:

Ace said:
Why you little.....:box: for your information the Norwegian army hasen`t had any types of aircrafts in many many years!!! Air-domination is the responsebility of the proud Norwegian Air Force, both over land and sea!

:bravo:

My bad. Just thinking of the army as the whole... I mean the Army is what really counts anyway....:):):):)

Back