buying on the internet

OORAH

dear all,

i really really really had a hard time thinking about where to put this thread, but mods, if its in the wrong place please move it. i just figured a majority of everybody would see it here.

now on to business

has anybody had any experience buying firearms on the internet, specifically gunbroker.com? i'm looking into buying a 1927 Thompson .45 made by Kahr off the site, and me and my family are a little leery about buying off the internet. any advice or tips or experience would help. thanks.

-brando

Real tommy gun with full-automatic? If so, I think it is require to have Class 3 license.

5.56X45mm is an expert with the guns and laws. You could PM him.

That'd be awesome if it's full-auto. lol

Sorry, I just checked that website, gunbroker.com, it looks like you're required to have FFL (Federal Firearms License), if not, then you can ship it to your local trusty FFL holder. If I were you, I'd buy some of the rifles there since I'm dying and struggling to get M1 Garand. heh

yea i know i need a FFL, a friend of a friend has one, and doesnt mind (he trades and sells and buys guns all the time).

i just got an email from the seller saying that he doesnt think he can sell it to me cause i live in NY, and under NYS law it is defined as an assault weapon because it has a protruding forward grip and a flash hider. i've seen the exact same gun for sale at local gunshows though, so i dont know how they can sell them and not get in trouble with the po po.

The usual steps:

1. Before you buy the gun, find an firearms dealer. (Any gun shop will do. They'll typically have several of them.) They almost always charge some sort of handling fee.

2. They'll give you copy of their license and info. Send it to the seller. After he gets his payment he'll ship the gun to your local dealer.

4. The local dealer should call you when it gets there. Go to the store and fill out the 4473 and what ever hocus pocus your state wants you to do and then you'll have your shinny new Tommy gun.

NY? Man that sucks...You'll probably have to buy one first hand. A lot of FFLs in other states won't do business with NY folks (Especially when it comes to things like "assault weapons" and hi-capacity magazines.) because of your state's strict gun laws. Its just too much trouble for them if they unknowingly break the law and ship something to you that is illegal.

Even if you know for a fact that the gun legal in NY they'll still have cold feet about it. Its suck because the 2nd amendment should protect EVERYONE equally. Not just those in certain states. But thats the country we live in today.:neutral:

Last edited:
Back