Buying boots, and need help!

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
I am in need of some new boots, since, well my old ones are getting kinda worn and small, so I was looking around for some ones that would mirror the ones That U.S. Service men are wearing over seas , you know, the tan ones with lots of laces?

And I am basicly asking , is the boots in the link I am about to give , are they anything like the ones any U.S. service men may be issued for duty in the desert. And if any one who reads this is on active or very recent ground pounder duty, then could you be so kind and tell me if the ones on the link are anything like the ones you are issued?

If they are then perfect! If not , then I may need to expand my search,and one last note, all I am basicly looking for in these boots is just something to wear around the woods in my area, and by woods , I basicly mean just that, nothing special about the woods around were I live, flat, basic woodland area, so I dont really need super boots if you know what I mean, and I am eyeing these ones pretty closely....

http://www.militaryclothing.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/hierarchy/04/product-id/343522.html

I love my Corcorans, but the only problem I've had is that the left heel cup tends to dig a bit into my ankle (manufacturing defect?), the right side is fine, but now I have a nice blood stain where it seeped through the material. I didn't feel a thing; I only noticed the blood after I took my boot off. Maybe I'm just a :cen: for bitching about it, but oh well just my $0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw some pictures, in the US Army you have some nice boots. They made of material with leather or just material? they look comfortable and light.
In the Israeli Army we have just a leather boots, hard as metal and heavy as a rock, very uncomfortable, Im personally have my boots 4 years.

I love my Corcorans, but the only problem I've had is that the left heel cup tends to dig a bit into my ankle (manufacturing defect?), the right side is fine, but now I have a nice blood stain where it seeped through the material. I didn't feel a thing; I only noticed the blood after I took my boot off. Maybe I'm just a :cen: for bitching about it, but oh well just my $0.02.

We had the same problem with the heel and toe caps on our issue boots in 1962. Then, before I got out, we changed to a brogan style with no caps and lower tops. I just wish I had them in basic. That's about the same time our fatigue cap changed from the pillbox to a baseball style.

I am in need of some new boots, since, well my old ones are getting kinda worn and small, so I was looking around for some ones that would mirror the ones That U.S. Service men are wearing over seas , you know, the tan ones with lots of laces?
You know that you can get 10% off your order if you shop through here, and use the discount code listed in those pages?? ;)
http://www.military-quotes.com/military-gear/military-boots.htm

I believe thanks from me are in order too. I'm looking for a good boot that I can use for anything from hiking to hunting, and will stand up to some backpacking. Also, I need to help outfit a backpacking expedition and need some advice buying hiking boots on a budget. It's a bit off-topic, but the subject is boots, so could someone please help me?

I've been looking into getting a set of Black Tanker Boots. They are great for when I rid my Harley. Where can I find the discount code?

Personally, I have 2 sets of the Belleville desert boots and they are wonderful. Easy to wear, durable (so far anyway), great support to my feet and not too expensive. I noticed they were not on the site that Redleg linked to, so you could go with the GI version tan boot, especially if you have a smaller foot. My wife (also a Soldier) has those and is pretty pleased with them. I definitely would not spend what they are asking for some of the other boots, especially the Corcorans (too costly and I hear they are having durability issues, which is weird considering how good their black jump boots have always been - I still have a 2 sets of those too).

I will look into to those, and I also seen the tanker boots, I havnt seen any U.S. tanker boots from after the 80s era!

But if those the Gunner 13 suggested are fairly good in all around quality, then I may be eying those more closely.

Back