Forum Spin Doctor
Media: The Associated Press
Byline: By TERENCE HUNT
Date: 25 October 2006

WASHINGTON_With American casualties in Iraq at their highest levels in a
year, President George W. Bush said Wednesday the "events of the past month
have been a serious concern to me."

At the same time, he said, "it remains critical that the United States
defeats the enemy" in a long and brutal war.

"Our security at home depends on assuring that Iraq is an ally in the war on
terror," Bush said in the opening moments of a White House news conference
less than two weeks before Nov. 7 congressional elections.

why the heck did he invade Iraq in the first place, hope realizes he's the responsible for 2.811 lives lost so far. thats a brigades worth of personal.

I rememer last October very well, we got a special security brief that they expected an increase of roughly 56% in violence because of Ramidan, as they believe that if they kill us during this month that they get special privleges in heaven. We lost 99 that month, almost a 50% increase from the previous month.

I would imagine that he weeps at the loses, just as we all do and just as I weep at the loss of 3030 killed on 9/11 and all those innocents lost over the last 30-40 years in the War on Terrorism.

Hope he's having second thoughts about why he invaded Iraq and considers lettiing Rumsfield go after the Nov.8 midterms elections.

Hope he's having second thoughts about why he invaded Iraq and considers lettiing Rumsfield go after the Nov.8 midterms elections.

Tell me where you read or heard that the President is having second thoughts.

I'm also interested in knowing where you read that he is considering firing Rumsfield.

I have always been impressed with the #2 guy in the Department of Defense. I've talked with him of a few occasions and witnessed his handling of the GTMO interviews when he was tasked with being the media go between. He has the most organized mind I've ever seen. He doesn't answer questions he doesn't have the correct answer to. We would be fortunate to have him as the next SECDEF.

Back