Bush says economy has slowed

The economy is slowing.

Really? I hadn't noticed... :roll:

I saw a figure the other day... the average gas price when Bush became President was $1.47. Now it's $3.19. That's more than just inflation.

Last edited:
The world's going straight to hell.
US economy starting to affect this side of the world now too. Effects are a bit weak for most of the folks here to feel it but the columns say it's starting to affect some industries.

The economy is slowing.

Really? I hadn't noticed... :roll:

I saw a figure the other day... the average gas price when Bush became President was $1.47. Now it's $3.19. That's more than just inflation.

I was thinking its more down the line of us being ripped off.

The world's going straight to hell.
US economy starting to affect this side of the world now too. Effects are a bit weak for most of the folks here to feel it but the columns say it's starting to affect some industries.
Going? brother were at the gate knocking

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking its more down the line of us being ripped off.

true enough.

We're setting up for another Great Depression. the stock market is full of people who don't know what they're doing, The wealth gap is expanding rapidly, etc.

I'm kinda worried.

Oh I think he knew it at least a year ago. He was just hoping it would turn around by itself so he could avoid have to fess up to yet another catastrophe on his watch, which was especially embarrassing as he had been telling everyone for the past 2 years how strong our economy was. But once again, Bush puts his ego ahead of everything else.

true enough.

We're setting up for another Great Depression. the stock market is full of people who don't know what they're doing, The wealth gap is expanding rapidly, etc.

I'm kinda worried.

It does look like another depression on the way.
I know a few people who work various jobs at banks... all high level stuff. Basically there will be a s*** storm. Businesses may be slowing down now but it looks like later on this year they're gonna hit the brakes.

It does look like another depression on the way.
I know a few people who work various jobs at banks... all high level stuff. Basically there will be a s*** storm. Businesses may be slowing down now but it looks like later on this year they're gonna hit the brakes.

Which is exactly why I am going to stay in Europe for another year or so, wait out the s***storm thats coming in the USA, before I go home.

Which is exactly why I am going to stay in Europe for another year or so, wait out the s***storm thats coming in the USA, before I go home.

You might have to end up immigrating altogether for this one. It's going to be a long time before we can recover from this one I reckon.
And keep your money in Euros. But that's a no brainer.

Back