Bush says economy has slowed - Page 2

--
Boots

March 10th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Other Guy
true enough.

We're setting up for another Great Depression. the stock market is full of people who don't know what they're doing, The wealth gap is expanding rapidly, etc.

I'm kinda worried.
It does look like another depression on the way.
I know a few people who work various jobs at banks... all high level stuff. Basically there will be a s*** storm. Businesses may be slowing down now but it looks like later on this year they're gonna hit the brakes.
March 10th, 2008  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
It does look like another depression on the way.
I know a few people who work various jobs at banks... all high level stuff. Basically there will be a s*** storm. Businesses may be slowing down now but it looks like later on this year they're gonna hit the brakes.
Which is exactly why I am going to stay in Europe for another year or so, wait out the s***storm thats coming in the USA, before I go home.
March 10th, 2008  
tomtom22

why is everybody afraid of a snowstorm?

Oh wait, that kind of a storm
--
Boots
March 10th, 2008  
wolfen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
why is everybody afraid of a snowstorm?

Oh wait, that kind of a storm
They all sold their shovels?
I make so little money that a depression to me would mean that the president is out of a job along with me .
March 10th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Which is exactly why I am going to stay in Europe for another year or so, wait out the s***storm thats coming in the USA, before I go home.
You might have to end up immigrating altogether for this one. It's going to be a long time before we can recover from this one I reckon.
And keep your money in Euros. But that's a no brainer.
March 10th, 2008  
The Other Guy

I'm thinking about keeping a good amount of converted money aside so I can get out fast, if necessary.
March 10th, 2008  
wolfen

Its the barter system I tell you. The barter system.
March 11th, 2008  
A Can of Man

Convert to Gold... convert to copper. But if they find another copper reserve in the ground you're screwed.
March 11th, 2008  
wolfen

LMAO you got that right