Bush, Roh have testy exchange at summit (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - President Bush's talks with South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun ended on a sour note Friday not over the war in Iraq, but rather the Korean conflict that ended with a truce more than five decades ago.

More...

AP - President Bush's talks with South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun ended on a sour note Friday not over the war in Iraq, but rather the Korean conflict that ended with a truce more than five decades ago.

More...

The claim of Truce is a bit overly generous in my own opinion, I would have thought the AP would have used the term Ceasefire instead.

This might be payback for the rumored cash payment the ROK gave the Taliban for the release of the hostages.

I would hope the US wouldn't operate on emotion that way but I don't see what's wrong with making sure that the North Koreans destroy their nukes in a verifiable manner.
Either way, with the whole Taliban thing and the anti-American thing (that President Noh Mu-hyeon supports and used to get into office) the US is in no way obliged to stick its neck out or inconvenience itself to help South Korea. South Korea can consider this a first step in a complete withdrawl of American forces from the Peninsular. Have fun with the Chinese and Japanese.

Back