Bush photographed wearing Medal he wasn't awarded!

Ironside

Banned
Bush photographed wearing Medal he wasn't awarded!

I'd like to know the truth to this story.
WOW, if this is so and it seems so, he belongs on the phonyveterans. com Web Site!

Wearing fake decorations is a disgrace!
george_bush_uniform.jpg

THE SOURCE
http://www.bluelemur.com/index.php?p=276

Ironside, I agree 110% with you concerning the wearing of unearned medals and decorations.

Apparently it is a unit citation, as far as I can tell, and may have been awarded later - even if for a day, he would have been eligible. The article is unclear as to when it was awarded. There is another ribbon similar in colour and pattern that the AF has, perhaps one of our resident zoomies can expound.

If Bush is in fact wearing a ribbon he did not earn, then yes, he is wrong. Does he belong on the phony veterans site? No, I do not think so.

Bush, for the most part has kept quiet and reserved concerning his military service. He has not been boastful, nor a braggart - he has not attempted to influence the American people into believing him a hero.

He hasn't plastered it on his website, nor mentioned it in any of his campaign speeches. Most of all, he hasn't claimed his military service or that any award or ribbon has made him a better President of the United States.

It's easy to get confused with unit citations. It isn't easy to get confused with combat awards and certainly not ones for valour.

On the whole, Bush has been attacked for his military service just as much as Kerry, there is no need to reach far and wide to attempt to "equal the playing field." And reaching, is exactly what this is about.

My .02.

I think you will find people support him for his policies, not his service, which RnderSafe said, he has never come and and boasted about.

Ironside,
What are you trying to gain from these posts. You have made several against this man, and they have lead to people just flaming each other. Furthermore, you've posted this topic In at least two places here, and it seems like your following a pattern with the way you type your messages. That's all I will say, I know I cause problems too.

No worries. This is a valid topic that is currently circulating the presses at the moment. And I am positive there will be no "flaming" in this topic. :twisted:

Everyone is welcome to their views on this site .. left or right or in-between. And everyone else is welcome to counter their comments/opinions/posts civilly.

-Love,
A kindler, gentler RnderSafe

I used to wear my uncle's 'nam uniform... does that mean I belong on the phony veterans site?

'nuff said.

I have found a big problem with reservist wearing medals/ribbons that they have not earned. Soldiers in the reserves will wear a medal/ribbon if someone in the command tells them so without looking for themselves. Last month, I made a soldier take off the American Campaign Medal. Someone in his command said he had earned it for being in Iraq. The American Campaign Medal was given out at the end of WWII

I know on active duty, you must prove you have earned everything on your uniform to your squad leader. I wish the reserves followed that rule.

So just because Bush may be wearing a medal he did not actually earn does not make him a liar and a phony.

Redleg said:
RnderSafe said:
-Love,
A kindler, gentler RnderSafe

Wow... :lol:

I know, where did this come from???

I agree with RnderSafe, GWB has not really mentioned his military service, at least not enough for me to notice. John Kerry screamed it out on one of his first campain speeches from what I saw.

I don't like that site, for some reason it reminds me of a tabloid... full of bullshit.

I wear Marine Corps utility shirts alot of the time. so should i be on phony veterans also?
like Damien said "'nuff said"

RnderSafe, maybe you're correct. Perhaps the phonyveteran website is more for those that go way overboard on the expeditions.

I think we know why Pres. Bush has been quiet about his service. Not only did he jump 500 names to join a champaign unit to duck Vietnam, but there are serious questions as to his last two years in Alabama.

Not only can the opposition remember Kerry in Vietnam they remember an exact battle he fought in.

Nobody can remember Bush in Alabama and nobody can produce a picture with him at the time either.

Why is it the Veteran's aren't bothered by this?

Please, try to be objective here.

Let's take Kerry's and Bush's military records and reverse them. Can you imagine the way the Right would be carrying on?

We know:
Kerry was in Vietnam.
Kerry saved an American soldier's life.
Kerry killed a Cong.

Bush ducked Vietnam.

True?

John Kerry helped undermine US efforts and public opinion. I do not hold either of these men's actions in the past with high regard. The importance is the policy now. And frankly I would rather be be shot then vote for Kerry....

I wear many USMC t-shirts, and Marine Sniper shirts, and i have even worn my Grandfather's old WW2 medal, now i don't think that qualifies me to be on the phony veteran site, on the other hand Ironside did say
I'd like to know the truth to this story.

so you guys really don't need to be so rough on him because he did ask if someone could verify and no one has really done that yet, i will talk with some people and see if i can find out if it is true Ironside.

Ironside said:
.Why is it the Veteran's aren't bothered by this?
It doesn't bother me. Just as Kerry's four months in Vietnam do not bother me. Both men served.

I will not venture to guess why Bush does not bring up his military service. He could easily shout, "I piloted the most dangerous (to its pilots) jet fighter in the USAF's history, the F-102 "Lawn Dart".

We know:
Kerry was in Vietnam.
Kerry saved an American soldier's life.
Kerry killed a Cong.

I agree, these are the facts as we know them. However, Kerry could have stopped with the first one. It is one thing for a man to say, "I served my country, next question please," but completely different for him to say "I served my country, and I'm a hero."

Let's take Kerry's and Bush's military records and reverse them. Can you imagine the way the Right would be carrying on?

We do not have to imagine, all we need do is look at the left - they have attacked Bush on his military record just as much as the Right has attacked Kerry.

Bush ducked Vietnam. True?
Ask Bush, I'm not in a position to make that determination.

Neither men have what I would consider stellar military records, nor admirable actions in their youth.

On topic of the photo, there are a two versions that I have seen. Two different ribbons, both I believe, are unit citations.

GuyontheRight said:
Two comments

1) Is it possible that photo was paintshopped?
2) Didn't Bush fly Hurricane Missions?

1) Possible. It is a black and white photo - so it would be easy to change the apperance of the ribbon by simply changing the brightness and tint.

Version #1

Version #2

It looks like it is either the Air Force Outstanding Unit Award or Organizational Excellence Award. A zoomie can correct me if I am wrong.
Air Force Awards and Decorations

I would venture to guess (if he was not authorised to wear the ribbon) it was a mistake on his part, certainly nothing sinister.

RnderSafe, He couldn't toot his own horn because he ducked the war in Vietnam and he knew that would come back to haunt him.

Also, Kerry wasn't tooting his own horn. Rassmann (a registered Republican) came forward on his own. He felt he owed it to the man that saved his life, to speak out.

Also, remember the primaries of 2000 and John McCain?

I don't like the way Bush allows Karl Rove to after these men's military service. It really sickens me. My father is a recipient of two Bronze Stars. I could imagine how they would go after his service, if he were running against Bush.

Bush sure was fast to send our troops into battle though. So fast the UN Inspectors barely got out in time!

All off topic posts have been removed and this topic is now locked.

Let me remind you (and you know who you are) this forum is open to everyone. It is not a place where one ideal runs the lot. I do not care if one side of the political spectrum is of the majority here, everyone is free to share their opinion without having to walk on eggshells simply because most of you may disagree.

Unless you are a Moderator, do not attempt to inform other posters of what they can and cannot 'say.' PM one of us and we will take care of any problems.

Ironside, your views and opinions are welcome here as long as you follow the rules. Your posts often come across as frontal attacks instead of presentations for discussion. Tone them down. If you wish to discuss or debate, do so - be willing to listen to, or at the very least respect other's opinions.

Control yourselves, if you cannot, it will be done for you by ending your participation on this forum.

Back