Bush did the right thing by going into Iraq. - Page 9

--

September 27th, 2004  
Redleg

whosewar2000, please post sources, and report to the Welcoming Centre before you make any more posts.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=38
September 27th, 2004  
A Can of Man

If you want a legal point of view...

This war was never "illegal" as Koffi Annan likes to say it is. The violation of resolution 1441 by Iraq (this didn't stop at WMDs) sanctioned the US and allies actually with an obligation to stop Saddam Hussein "severely."
The US and the UK were the only ones interested in backing it up.
The UN only hurt its own credibility here. How can you be taken seriously when you don't even back up your own resolutions??

So if you want a legal point of view, actually Germany, France and the UN violated agreements they signed.
September 27th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Bush has never said he would withdraw troops from Iraq in 05'. That is completely false. He has tried his hardest to make it clear he will stay until Iraq is stable. This will be a long path to democracy, past 05'.

Also, a lot of people here ARE patriots already, many already serve in the armed forces, or have loved ones who do.

Your analog makes no sense, try again.

And I find it odd, you say Americans don't care if our troopers die?

Are you that misinformed? Stop embarrassing yourself. You know nothing.
--
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

US is going to withdraw troops from iraq before "perfect peace there" (aha..)

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackage...0&section=news

Death toll in Iraq (THAT IS official COUNTED BODY!!), the BBC newsreport indicate at least 100,000 died. not mentioned wonded, lost family.
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Who is blind? Check today's news from Europe to Asian, give me any official report any other country support USA for this war. (remember all the world were with US after 911)

oh, yeah, whole world does not like American because they envy American! the whole world are stupid except we smart American. the whole world shall just listen to us, cause I am the dog, they are just sheeps.

cowboys, the world is much bigger than your ranch!
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Topic: Re: liars with lies

[quote="Courtenay"]
And before you throw that BS sending sons to war rhetoric in my direction, I am the mother of a US Navy SEAL, who's ass IS on the line for this country.[quote]

sorry for your son, I think he is simply being utlized, and he is on the frontline for selfish policians and oil company, not on the frontline of general America. Donot confuse yourself. The frontline is anti-terrorist, iraq never did any terrorism attach to US.
September 27th, 2004  
03USMC

Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?

Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others.
September 27th, 2004  
Courtenay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?

Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others.
Exactly. The thing is, the job was to remove Sadaam, help them set up thier own system of Goverment, then get out. No one said anything about waiting for 'perfect peace' first.
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?.
haha..did somebody just say USA is going to bring peace and democracy over there? did somebody just say USA is going to stop any terrorist from there?
so..you tell me what is the point!

Quote:
Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others
oh, yeah, that is a typical "rumsfeld" style....
September 27th, 2004  
Courtenay

Topic: Re: liars with lies

[quote="whosewar2000"][quote="Courtenay"]
And before you throw that BS sending sons to war rhetoric in my direction, I am the mother of a US Navy SEAL, who's ass IS on the line for this country.
Quote:

sorry for your son, I think he is simply being utlized, and he is on the frontline for selfish policians and oil company, not on the frontline of general America. Donot confuse yourself. The frontline is anti-terrorist, iraq never did any terrorism attach to US.
I feel sorry for you actually. You have been sucked into a vacuum of negativity that seems to engulf the youth of today.

So you hate the war and question it, fine. It is your right to do so. But, let me ask of you this: What are YOU doing as a person to add to this society? Just curious.
September 27th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtenay
Exactly. The thing is, the job was to remove Sadaam, help them set up thier own system of Goverment, then get out. No one said anything about waiting for 'perfect peace' first.

sorry, I know it is really hard for you to think about further, but try harder, ma'ma!

Mod edit: Easy on the attitude!!!