Bush did the right thing by going into Iraq.

If you want a legal point of view...

This war was never "illegal" as Koffi Annan likes to say it is. The violation of resolution 1441 by Iraq (this didn't stop at WMDs) sanctioned the US and allies actually with an obligation to stop Saddam Hussein "severely."
The US and the UK were the only ones interested in backing it up.
The UN only hurt its own credibility here. How can you be taken seriously when you don't even back up your own resolutions??

So if you want a legal point of view, actually Germany, France and the UN violated agreements they signed.

Bush has never said he would withdraw troops from Iraq in 05'. That is completely false. He has tried his hardest to make it clear he will stay until Iraq is stable. This will be a long path to democracy, past 05'.

Also, a lot of people here ARE patriots already, many already serve in the armed forces, or have loved ones who do.

Your analog makes no sense, try again.

And I find it odd, you say Americans don't care if our troopers die?

Are you that misinformed? Stop embarrassing yourself. You know nothing.

US is going to withdraw troops from iraq before "perfect peace there" (aha..)

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=590090&section=news

Death toll in Iraq (THAT IS official COUNTED BODY!!), the BBC newsreport indicate at least 100,000 died. not mentioned wonded, lost family.
http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

Who is blind? Check today's news from Europe to Asian, give me any official report any other country support USA for this war. (remember all the world were with US after 911)

oh, yeah, whole world does not like American because they envy American! the whole world are stupid except we smart American. the whole world shall just listen to us, cause I am the dog, they are just sheeps.

cowboys, the world is much bigger than your ranch! ;)

Re: liars with lies

Courtenay said:
And before you throw that BS sending sons to war rhetoric in my direction, I am the mother of a US Navy SEAL, who's ass IS on the line for this country.
sorry for your son, I think he is simply being utlized, and he is on the frontline for selfish policians and oil company, not on the frontline of general America. Donot confuse yourself. The frontline is anti-terrorist, iraq never did any terrorism attach to US. :roll:

Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?

Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others.

03USMC said:
Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?

Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others.

Exactly. The thing is, the job was to remove Sadaam, help them set up thier own system of Goverment, then get out. No one said anything about waiting for 'perfect peace' first.

03USMC said:
Okay your first link. A draw down in forces and turning control of operations to the Iraqi forces. What's wrong with that? That has been the plan? No one went to Iraq to colonize it. So what's the point in that?.

haha..did somebody just say USA is going to bring peace and democracy over there? did somebody just say USA is going to stop any terrorist from there?
so..you tell me what is the point! :lol:

03USMC said:
Your second link is one of a great many anti war sites. Their numbers are no more accurate than any others
oh, yeah, that is a typical "rumsfeld" style....

whosewar2000 said:
Courtenay said:
And before you throw that BS sending sons to war rhetoric in my direction, I am the mother of a US Navy SEAL, who's ass IS on the line for this country.
sorry for your son, I think he is simply being utlized, and he is on the frontline for selfish policians and oil company, not on the frontline of general America. Donot confuse yourself. The frontline is anti-terrorist, iraq never did any terrorism attach to US. :roll:

I feel sorry for you actually. You have been sucked into a vacuum of negativity that seems to engulf the youth of today.

So you hate the war and question it, fine. It is your right to do so. But, let me ask of you this: What are YOU doing as a person to add to this society? Just curious.

Courtenay said:
Exactly. The thing is, the job was to remove Sadaam, help them set up thier own system of Goverment, then get out. No one said anything about waiting for 'perfect peace' first.

sorry, I know it is really hard for you to think about further, but try harder, ma'ma! :roll:

Mod edit: Easy on the attitude!!!

whosewar2000 said:
haha..did somebody just say USA is going to bring peace and democracy over there? did somebody just say USA is going to stop any terrorist from there?
so..you tell me what is the point! :lol:

You are twisting it, and you know it.

Courtenay said:
So you hate the war and question it, fine. It is your right to do so. But, let me ask of you this: What are YOU doing as a person to add to this society? Just curious.

To save you guys from becoming united states nationalism

few more words: if more and more American are like you guys, the world is really in danger.

Donald merely pointed out that it would be the Iraqi's securing the country, not us. There's a difference between leaving the nation in shambles and civil war, than under Iraqi control with minor acts of terror. It will take Iraq probably 15-20 years until it's completely stable!

As bad as it sounds, a couple car bombs every month is far different than a brutal regime controlling 25 million people.

Uh, it says 10,000 on the site, many times, sunshine. I don't see any 100,000....? Not that it makes much difference, it's terrible these people die. Do you think we like it or something? How can you put so much blame on the US for this? They fight in urban populated areas, and refuse to lay down their arms no matter what. We let their mortar poesitons go? We let them build defence structures in the city? We aren't supposed to shoot back? Get real. Stop trying to use weak moral examples, they are useless to people with common sense.

Obviously most of the world is at odds with us. When did someone say otherwise? So the US should rent her safety to the world? Beyond the 30 nations allied with us, preemptive warfare is a dangerous business, and it is easy to see why other nations would tread lightly. Afterall, many nations have their own personal agenda....

But not supporting us now is selfish, and reflects poorly on that nation. This is about Iraq's future- and a good, just, responsible united nations should help in this dire situation. The truth is, most nations, like France, are out for #1. And will do anything, even turn their head from brutal regimes, so the money and oil can keep flowing.

whosewar2000 said:
Courtenay said:

To save you guys from becoming united states nationalism

So then obviously, nothing.

O h I so wanna call fire on ya . But I won't because you have a right to your opinion even if I don't agree with you.

I will caution you however on belittling the service of anyone. That will not help further your cause. Although here your cause is pretty much moot.

Chocobo_Blitzer said:
Beyond the 30 nations allied with us

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

US spent 200 billion dollars and more than 1000 soldiers died. ....

We get allies, we get allies, we get allies.!!.....

I feel really shamed even mentioning this, If I were you, I'd rather did not say this at all. USA alone save the world from Sadam---more typical hollywood movie

I'm well aware that we have taken the bulk of the sacrifice.

Funny how you can't answer to most of what I say.

Get lost, troll. Your antics might get you praise in the lunch room, but not here.

03USMC said:
I will caution you however on belittling the service of anyone. That will not help further your cause. Although here your cause is pretty much moot.

if you just listen to the same words from same people very day...........

then, what makes us different from pigs?

Back