Burst fire pistols

Can somebody tell me which burst fire and fully automatic pistols are easy to find and purchase in Eastern Europe [Serbia mainly]?

EDIT: Like which can be switched to fire at semi-auto and burst, i thinnk the Glock can

Last edited:
One pistol that I am aware of that fired a 3rd burst was the Beretta 93R.

It was fitted with a much larger trigger guard, a small grip in front of the trigger guard, a detachable stock and 20 round magazines. The selector switch had "S", one dot (single shot) and 3 dots (3 round burst fire).

The only other one I can think of at present is the Glock model 18.

A version of the Mauser 1896 (Broomhandle) was also fitted with single and automatic fire, with the selector switch on the left side of the frame. Also had a 20 round magazine. I had two in stock years ago, but they were so badly rusted they didnt sell.

a Beretta? That should most likely be easy to get in Serbia. Reckon you can give me an estimated price in Euros?

I have no idea what the price would be nowadays, IF you can find one. The one I sold was way back over 20 years ago, which went for around £400 if I remember correctly.

Is the Berretta 93R available for civiliian purchase in the US? I ask that because it straddles line between semi and full auto.

93R would be considered full auto because of the multi-round burst capability and therefore subject to the same regulations as any full auto weapon. You'd need the proper paperwork,

The 93R is apparently out of production now and was only produced in limited numbers it seems it never caught on although some special units in the Italian Carabinari and military have it in their inventories.

Just me but why use a handgun with auto or burst capability when you could use an SMG like the MP5K ?

Any burst capable weapon is treated as an auto by the USBATF&E.

The 93R is apparently out of production now and was only produced in limited numbers it seems it never caught on although some special units in the Italian Carabinari and military have it in their inventories.

Just me but why use a handgun with auto or burst capability when you could use an SMG like the MP5K ?

Any burst capable weapon is treated as an auto by the USBATF&E.

Size would be my guess, but I see your point. I admit I never fired one, but I could imagine that much firepower in such a small frame the recoil must have been terrific. Still given the choice I'd rather carry a true PDW like the MP5K.

Last edited:
Because its more of a self defence type of thing, you never know what will happen.

It ain"t the rounds you put down range. It's the rounds you put on target, full auto pistols like the Glock 18 require a shooter who can control muzzle flip and raise and know how to control the trigger for maximum effect. You can do just as much damage with a traditional handgun using well aimmed shots.

I bet the full auto capability increases your hit probability by a LOT at very close range if you know how to handle it.

... and makes you expand your ammo way too fast if you are in such severe trouble that you need full auto for starters...

Rattler

Auto pistols are most effective when the available stock attachments are affixed. When you do that they are same or nearly the same in size as an MP5K or the smaller UZI"s.

Don't forget the H&K VP70-M. Three round burst, and it was the first polymer framed pistol ever made. Most people think it was the Glock 17, but the VP70 was out over 10 years earlier. People are asking why have a burst pistol in the first place if it's PDW sized with all the attatchements.... Well, with the attatchments off and on single shot, it functions just like a standard service pistol and can be carried concealed. Not so much with an MP5K. You can also carry the attatchments seperately (i.e. jacket pocket) and not be noticed. When you decide to get crazy, you can toss on the buttstock, put in an extended mag and get to work. Then when you are done, you can slip it off and reholster it in your standard holster and roll out. I'm sure at least somebody else can see value in that. The thing only weighs 28.9oz compared to an MP5KA4 at 4.4 lbs and a PDW at 6.14lbs. These 2 weapons should not even be compared. We are talking about select fire weapons here, so saying that a semi pistol firing single shots can do as much damage..... umm, when you select single shot on a Glock 18, it becomes a Glock 17 for all intents and purposes. You have lost nothing by switching to semi, and gained the ability to go full auto for room clearing. I just don't see the major drawback. Of course MP5s are great weapons, but we are talking pistols here.

Back