Burns Me

FutureMedic

I saw something today that really burned my ass. There is a kid in my school going into the Army National Guard. He has not been to basic yet and has no clue what the Army is like. He was walking around in ACU's telling everyone he was in the Army. When I confronted him, he said that he was in the Army. I said that he hasn't even been through basic yet and therefore in not permitted to wear the Army uniform. He didn't say anything. He just stared for a few seconds and walked away. Just had to vent.

I agree with TOG. Hopefully basic (IF he even makes it through) will get him straightened around.

Army National Guard? I doubt it. Plus, if he can't even make it in there he might as well save us all the trouble and jump off a cliff.

I feel ya- see that kinda crap all the time. Shoulda seen me when I ripped into one of our valedictorians for trashing veterans. Better hope Basic straightens him out quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Remember that some people are "above" violence. They have other people do it on their behalf and then sh*t all over them.

+1

'Nuff Said...

The Guard has a program for 16-17 year old kids to enlist with parent permission. They go to Basic in the summer.

I know the program is offered. I was just angry because he hasn't gone through basic yet and he was wearing the uniform.

I wear ACU's in my school, I just don't wear the US ARMY branch tape or a unit insignia, that's disrespectful. I wear my airsoft unit's patch and ZOMBIE SQUAD branch tapes. I don't say I'm IN the army, and I correct a lot of my classmates who do say that by saying I will be JOINING when I get out of high school.

Back