Burning the American Flag. - Page 6

View Poll Results :Should Americans be allowed to burn the flag in protest?
Yes, any cause. (i.e. Anti-Fur protestors) 5 10.20%
Yes, only if it is to protest government actions. 4 8.16%
No. 40 81.63%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

August 20th, 2008  
mocco

Regardless of how you feel about a particular nation or a particular issue, a flag should never be burned or desecrated in any way.. Where the people doing the burning belong to that nation, is, in my own view, a disgusting betrayal of their country... Sorry, no justification, (purely my own viewpoint).
August 21st, 2008  
TogaOga

i agree with mocco
May 19th, 2009  
sky2979

Who ever dares, commit such despicable act should be punished,...thrown out of the country..and labeled a TRAITOR.

--
Boots
May 19th, 2009  
major liability

America has freedom of speech. You have EVERY RIGHT to burn the flag.

However, I reserve the right to punch you in the face if I see you burning it.

When I see foreigners burning the American flag, it doesn't bother me at all. It has no meaning to them, other than being a symbol of the hated enemy. But there's something sickening on a deep level about an American who would burn our flag. I don't consider myself exceptionally proud to be an American, but I do consider myself LUCKY to have been born here. There were far, far worse places I could have popped out.

So yes, you should be allowed to burn the American flag. It shows those who are glad to be Americans how much of a fool you really are for future reference.
May 19th, 2009  
sky2979

Quote:
Originally Posted by major liability
America has freedom of speech. You have EVERY RIGHT to burn the flag.

However, I reserve the right to punch you in the face if I see you burning it.

When I see foreigners burning the American flag, it doesn't bother me at all. It has no meaning to them, other than being a symbol of the hated enemy. But there's something sickening on a deep level about an American who would burn our flag. I don't consider myself exceptionally proud to be an American, but I do consider myself LUCKY to have been born here. There were far, far worse places I could have popped out.

So yes, you should be allowed to burn the American flag. It shows those who are glad to be Americans how much of a fool you really are for future reference.

I second that....
May 19th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Well put major liability. Really well put.