Bundeswehr Restructuring

Charge 7

Master Gunner
I was passing through some military articles elsewhere and noticed a note that the German military is reworking itself. I was wondering if some of the Germans here could give me some more information on that. The article was rather brief and seemed to mention that it being done to make the Bundeswehr relate to the US military more than it has been doing prior to this effort. Of course anybody else who may be aware of this issue is invited to add to the discussion.

Basically they are trying to make the Bundeswehr an army of intervention by decreasing the number of personal to save money for better equipment. Since there is enemy at our borders anymore, the duties of our army have changed from defending the homeland to being a part of a multi-national task force

They are trying to abolish compulsory military service but there is no such law passed yet.

If enough countries stick together, there will be no enemies at any of our borders. We have a long way to go but as Ben Franklin said "If we don't hang together, then we will surely hang separately."

Well the restructuring of the Bundeswehr is for me personally a problem...In 2003 they recruitet too much civilians so theres no space anymore even if u get through the tests.... i wrote a application 2 weeks ago... hopefully i get a job....but i heard from many ppl that there are no jobs left until 2007 or 2010.... really sux :evil:

2-3 years i think

i think its great that germany plans to decrease personel and increases the funds towards dvelopment and research, and we know how well germans are with tech

however, jobs are lost and unemployments likely to rise

well in the end we only got 250.000 soldiers left and 75.000 civils working in the army

the service depends....

normal service for every citicen(for ppl who dont make civil service 1 year ) is min 9 month up to max 23 month (only 10% of the ppl getinto the army who are able to go)

if you do an application as
normal soldier 4years
as corporal 8 years
as seargent 12 years
and officer 12 years

Well the restructuring of the Bundeswehr is for me personally a problem...In 2003 they recruitet too much civilians so theres no space anymore even if u get through the tests.... i wrote a application 2 weeks ago... hopefully i get a job....but i heard from many ppl that there are no jobs left until 2007 or 2010.... really sux

That is true and...unfortunate.

Cabal said:
Well the restructuring of the Bundeswehr is for me personally a problem...In 2003 they recruitet too much civilians so theres no space anymore even if u get through the tests.... i wrote a application 2 weeks ago... hopefully i get a job....but i heard from many ppl that there are no jobs left until 2007 or 2010.... really sux

That is true and...unfortunate.

I applied for 8 years, got a T2 grade and still was refused :evil:

Alhough it's very unfortunate that jobs are being lost and promising new candidates are unable to get in, the plus side that is that the Bundeswehr will be even better than it was before now that it will eventually become a professional army again. Morphing into a rapid reaction air-mobile capable force will mean that Germany can play more of a world role again and throw off the shackles of the past, which is long since overdue.

Back