bunches of questions...

C/CPL Houlihan

hi...i got a bunch of questions just cause i'm curious.
have any of you or anyone you know gotten the medal of heroism award? cause thats jsut amazing. then uhm...oh why do u guys and gals like jrotc..just wonderin..it'd be interesting to know. and last question. any advice for first comp. (competition). i'm on unarmed and armed drill, color guard, and rifle team.

I love JROTC, and am currently on the Drill and Air Rifle teams. Only advice I can give for drill is know your stuff and practice. For Rifle, qualify for all 3 stances... a lot of the novices on our rifle team haven't qualified for standing even, and their standing targets look like someone took an automatic shotgun to them... literally... you can't tell WHAT target they're shooting at... Oh, and don't score anything under 350 for 3 targets, otherwise you'll have your instructor sarcastically nickname you "Dead-eye (last name)" for the rest of the quarter... Dead-eye Lassiter... hehehe... scored 142 in match on 3 targets... that's worse than what I get on half of my prones. Getting back on topic PRACTICE is key to any team though. Don't just attend practices, but also work at home (which any self-respecting drill commander, team member, or human being will tell you). If you play airsoft, some of those rifles work great. I have an airsoft M14 I take the mag out of and it feels like an M1. Otherwise use a broomstick and duct tape, put important things like where the stacking swivel is, where the bolt is, etc.

Back