Bullriding.

--
Boots

November 5th, 2004  
Tessa

Topic: Bullriding.

I saw bullriding on the TV the other day. Has anyone seen it?

I just can't seem to understand why the sit up at those bulls.
But as me and a friend said while watching it, "That is real men." Lol.

Does anyone knows how they make the bulls so angry? Because I never seen a bull as angry as that.

Not even the ones we had when we were little.
November 5th, 2004  
dougal

My friend rode a bull before.

But I better not call her that, she hit me the last time!!

November 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I have done a rodeo.

Mod Edit: Surely, along time and respected member can try not to post back to back, and use the edit button?
--
Boots
November 5th, 2004  
czarninakid

Topic: Bull Riding

Some bulls are bred to buck, all have a strap tied around the body parts no male wants a strap tied around. I know I'd be bucking and jumping trying to kill the nearest two legged creature if someone tied a tight belt there. Next time just look at the area just in front of the bulls hind quarters and you'll see what I'm talking about.
November 5th, 2004  
dougal

Quote:
Does anyone knows how they make the bulls so angry? Because I never seen a bull as angry as that.
I heard they burn their balls!!

ok I made that up.
November 5th, 2004  
03USMC

Topic: Re: Bull Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by czarninakid
Some bulls are bred to buck, all have a strap tied around the body parts no male wants a strap tied around. I know I'd be bucking and jumping trying to kill the nearest two legged creature if someone tied a tight belt there. Next time just look at the area just in front of the bulls hind quarters and you'll see what I'm talking about.
It's called a flank rope on a bull and a flank strap on a bucking horse (saddle bronc & Bareback bronc) . No it is not tied around their reproductive organs. The respective flanks are placed well forward of those areas.

The purpose of this equipment is too encourage the animal to kick higher. In the case of Bulls. Some buck better with a loose flank while others buck better with a tight flank. With bucking horses the flank strap is tightened as the horse leaves the bucking chute by the flank man.
November 5th, 2004  
Redneck

Well you CAN use those, 03USMC, but where I come from we just whisper dirty words in their ears.

I was talking to a fellow from Mexico last weekend who rode down there, and he told me they used a Hotshot on the ******* to get the bull going.
November 5th, 2004  
03USMC

Yeah I heard that about you fellers out that away.

But you know as well as I do that the PRCA, IPRA, CRCA, PBRA and every rodeo sanctioning assn. in North America would toss you out on your W's if you did that to a bull here. Mexico is different when it comes to animals.

The only time a hotshot can be used here as I'm sure you know is when the bull'horse stalls in the bucking chute. Then the cowboy has to call for it. Even then it's only applied to the flank of the livestock.

Sorry for the rant but I grew up around rodeo and I really hate the negative spin that PETA and the rest try to put on it.
November 5th, 2004  
Redneck

I hear you there, brother. I grew up in and around the rodeo, too, my Dad cowboyed for a living and roped in the rodeo, and he used to work the chutes for the bullriders. To be honest, if I had to be an animal, I'd want to be a rodeo bull (preferably one named Blueberry Wine ). You spend most of your life kicking the crap out of guys and, if you're good at it, you spend the rest with the best bovine honeys and chow money can buy.
November 5th, 2004  
03USMC

Yeah I hear you especially in a big string of bulls. Where you'd work what? 16 maybe 24 seconds a week? Sweet! 8)