Bulldogg needs help for a friend

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
I could use a hand helping out a very good friend of mine from Vladivostok. His name is Artyum (pronounced ar-TYOOM) and he's like a little brother to me. We met in Dalian, China last year he's a third year uni student who is pursuing two degrees one in Chinese language and another in Chinese. Anyways I made such a strong impression on him last year (..."I used to think all Americans were :cen:holes...") that he wants to go see the US this summer. He has a J visa all ready to go to stay for two-three months this summer but he needs one thing... a written job offer.

This is probably the only chance he will ever have in the next ten years to go to the United States and he doesn't care if he is hoeing corn rows in Indiana or shoveling horse manure 12 hours a day... any job will do but he needs the offer in writing to complete his visa. He'll be flying into NYC so we're trying to hook him up somewhere in the northeast or midwest.

There is no immediate rush and ANYWHERE is good. I will be off the board and out of touch for two weeks starting in 24 hours so take your time and PM me if you want or post questions etc here and I'll sort them out as soon as I get back.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and just think of all the great stories he'll regale you with that I would rather the rest of the world didn't know about me. Hehehe... :)

:bravo:

I don't know what a J visa is, but is it possible for him to obtain a tourist visum and when he gets there look for a job and change to anoter visum? Why not try a job database on the internet and see what's available on the job market where he's going?

He'd rather go through someone he knows or that I know even nominally such as you guys on the forum. He is searching as well but I would also feel better as he is honestly just like a little brother to me and I would hate for him to go and get screwed over.

If I were in a different situation I would be happy to oblige. I would "hire" him as my (no offense intended) gardner. Unfortunately I live in base housing (4 rooms and a bathroom) and no place to put him up. Also the fact that I am US Military may be an issue. But that is something for others on the board to take a possible look see and maybe they can come up with something more reasonable.

bulldogg said:
Anyways I made such a strong impression on him last year (..."I used to think all Americans were :cen:holes...") that he wants to go see the US this summer.

so... u gave him the impression that Americans are :cen:holes? :S that doesn't sound right :p

Cheers IG... I'm back. Still need a hand getting Artum to the land of the free and home of the brave for the summer... please. :)

My boy got his J Visa and a job offer. He's going to be waiting tables for some fine establishment in Williamsburg this summer. Anyone in the AO that wants some good dirt on me or is interested in playing host for a helluva good kid lemme know. He doesn't know anyone in the area and my family is all in Colorado. He's low maintainence except that the kid can almost keep pace with me in the bar. :) BTW he's in a uni programme pursuing a double degree and is in the Russian Army ROTC program slotted for an intel unit so he is far from boring.

Virginia. One of the older colonial settlements from our early days. Not far from the Beltway (DC) I think.

Roger that no car. He'll even have to find his own housing when he gets there but I've schooled him on how to sort it out and he's a ****-sure confident bastard... he'll be alright. He really is like my second little brother I wish I was there to show him around... Arlington, The Wall, etc. He has money just flying solo, hopin someone will step up to be his wingman in my stead.

Bulldog I have a J one visa this summer. You dont HAVE to have a job offer for it. But there is a temp agency in ny thata take on a lot a j1 visa students. If still need help with this let me know. Tell him to go to www.j1online.com either.

Russians need one, unwritten rule, or the consulate will not grant the visa.. He's sorted now. Just trying to hook him up with a few good people to show him around. Where are you headed with your visa Irishone?

I'm going to ny bulldog. That shite they have to have a job. I have some mates going to cali and others to seattle but thats no good to ya i guess.

Its sorted the LT here has come through with a lifeline should he need it. Enjoy your stay in NY mate.

Sounds like he needs to visit a Southern beach or two. Send him to Daytona or Panama City. He'll find as much fun as he could possibly handle there. I bet the weather is a bit nicer, too.

He's from Vladivostok, he makes me look tan hehehe I worry he would actually burst into flames anywhere further south than Greeneville.

Back