Building my carry/competition gun

They aren't but at your age, you ought to practice without as well to build your tolerance for discomfort, depending on what you plan on doing in the future.

The photo makes it look like he'd going to blast off his toe but in fact the muzzle is in front of the foot by a good foot (I made a funny).

We did a lot of Tactical/SWAT challenges. The guy in the center was our squad medic (was a USAF medic). We did a lot of small unit type action. It was fun. We stopped because ammo is no longer affordable.

Gotta say this. You can shoot all the matches you want. But if those matches don't test your real tactical skills, well them those matches don't mean nothing. Having read several other post's by 5.56 (Luis) I have no doubt that they were real world compatible.

I've seen military and LE shooters who range great and combat farked up.

I was going to apply to the USMA, but a benign heart valve defect would have screwed me out of a 17B and into some desk job at best. Now I'm enrolled at LSU, work at the vet school. Nothing real strenuous, worst thing that can happen to you is a cow falls on you. Other than that I go on some pretty rough hunts when in season, but nothign that requires knee pads. Maybe the occasional carpentry work.

So I don't plan on having my stress-shooting skills tested, but it's nice to have them honed just in case the SHTF.

Last edited:
Gotta say this. You can shoot all the matches you want. But if those matches don't test your real tactical skills, well them those matches don't mean nothing. Having read several other post's by 5.56 (Luis) I have no doubt that they were real world compatible.

I've seen military and LE shooters who range great and combat farked up.

Thanks.... I try to keep my skills up.

Back