Bug Out Gear...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Okay, I know I'm not the only one here with a plan in case the SHTF. I plan to stay at my house and hold the fort but if I have to move I can.

000_0890.jpg

MOLLE Vest with Level IIIA vest plus SAPI Plates

000_0891.jpg

First Aid Kit pouch, Radio, 100 Oz Camelpak in hump plus MREs. Gas Mask Pouch, Otis Cleaning Kit, and CPR Mask Pouch.

000_0894.jpg

All of the items held on the vest.

1x USGI Tritium Lensatic Compass
1x Otis Multi-Caliber Cleaning Kit
1x Garmin GPS Unit
1x Copy of the US Constitution
1x Nylon Balaclava
1x Pair of Hatch Kevlar Reinforced Tactical Gloves
1x GI Woodland Poncho
1x 50ft of 550 Para Cord
1x GLOCK Model 78 Field Knife
1x 3M Gas Mask
1x 3 power spotting glass
1x Beretta 92FS 9mm Parabellum
5x Spare Beretta 92FS Magazines
1x Colt M4 Carbine
16x 30rd AR-15 Magazines
1x CPR Pocket Mask
1x Safariland Tactical Tigh Rig with Surefire G2 flashlight
1x Flectar Camo Scarf
1x Scanner Radio
1x Set of Aviator BDUs w/ 5.11 undershirt
1x Kelver PASGAT Helmet w/ Goggles
1x Pair of 5.11 HRT Boots

000_0895.jpg

000_0896.jpg

000_0897.jpg

000_0898.jpg

000_0899.jpg

Last edited:
ruck.jpg

LC-1 Pack Frame with Medium Ruck Sack

All Items held in Ruck

000_0892.jpg

8x Sets of stripped MREs
1x Cold Weather Helmet Liner
1x M-65 Fieldcoat with liner
1x Jeep Cap
1x Watch Cap
1x Pair of Cold Weather Leather Gloves
1x Cold Weather BDU Cap
1x Woodland Boonie Cap
1x GI Mess Kit with Utensils
1x Roll of Toilet Paper
4x Commercial Smoke Bombs to single folks
1x Ontario Knife Co. GI Machete
1x GI Foam Sleeping Pad w/ Extra GI OD Poncho
1x US Marine Corps Note Book with Pencils & Pens
1x Set of German Flectar BDUs
3x Pair of extra socks and underwear
1x Set of Religious items
1x US Army Field Manuals w/ extra nylon cord for building a shelter and orange tape to single
2x 1 Quart GI Plastic Canteens
2x 2 Quart GI Plastic Canteens

truck.jpg

2002 Ford F-150 4.2 Liter 6 Cly V6 2WD with extra jerry cans for fuel and extra parts and tools on tool box.

I use the Beretta 92FS and Colt M4 due to DoD Standards. I know that most National Guard Armories and Reserve Base Armories have said firearms, parts, amgazines, and ammunition that would be usable by me. I wish DoD issued GLOCK 22s but since that is not the case I stick with what DoD issues.

Last edited:
Your gear is great, but I like your library better. Is that a bound copy of "Signal" magazine I see among your collection, next to the Guinness book of records? I have been on the lookout for copies for years.

p.s. Here in my part of Australia you would need water filtration and purification gear of some sort. (Charcoal filters) It may not be necessary where you are.

Last edited:
Your gear is great, but I like your library better. Is that a bound copy of "Signal" magazine I see among your collection, next to the Guinness book of records? I have been on the lookout for copies for years.

p.s. Here in my part of Australia you would need water filtration and purification gear of some sort. (Charcoal filters) It may not be necessary where you are.

Here's some Signal issues but they're pricy. This company is where I buy all my used books.
http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm

Just type in Signal magazine.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a copy of Signal - Best of Collection. trying to hunt down the rest of the Signal series.

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

5.56 and senojekips, this is about as good as you get in the hardcover and dust jacket. All are used of course. There are also some first editions but they run about $30.00.
Serendipity Books in Colorado also has a good collection of hard to find books.

Best of Signal: Hitler's Wartime Picture Magazine
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

price: $2.95

spacer.gif

Binding: Hardcover Publisher: Prentice-Hall Date Published: 1976 ISBN: 0138100519 Description: Good jacket. Good. Extra postage for priority and foreign. 0138100519 1976. Top edge slightly soiled. Minor edge wear to d.j.
dark_blue_arrow.gif
read more

spacer.gif

seller information:
Name: Serendipity Books, CO, USA

This is:eek:fftopic: so I won't post any more sources, but you can find almost anything these days.

Last edited:
why a copy of the US constitution. IMHO, at least where i live for the most part, if the SHTF, the constitution would be null and void. anyways, in a national emergency, the constitution is rendered invalid (and has been invalid since FDR declared a national emergency during WW2. my source is a book my mother bought me entitled secrets and lies, has a bunch of conspiracy theories and other things that are unbelievable, but this one seems pretty accurate)

why a copy of the US constitution. IMHO, at least where i live for the most part, if the SHTF, the constitution would be null and void. anyways, in a national emergency, the constitution is rendered invalid (and has been invalid since FDR declared a national emergency during WW2. my source is a book my mother bought me entitled secrets and lies, has a bunch of conspiracy theories and other things that are unbelievable, but this one seems pretty accurate)

Talk about bringing back the dead.... this is over two years now.

I carry a copy of the Constitution to remind myself of what my rights are and those of my fellow citizen..... I'f I'm going to rebuild society.... then why not from the best guide book out there.

Memo to self....Do not attempt to enter 5.56's house without his express written consent........

Very nice set up! :)

Awesome kit, though I'd also recommend Collins Gem SAS Survival Guide.
Also, a vest without so much black might be better.

Back