Brother in Arms pin?

dadsgirl

After my Dad died, I was going through his things. One was an extremely old button hole (pin?) ...from WWll. I will describe it since I have not posted yet.
Pewter in color, half inch at best. On the round back it says Bastian Bros. Co. Rochester NY. In the middle it has has the initials saying MPB. Under that, P I U.
On the front, on top, there is an eagle. Under that an anchor. In the middle, in a circle is someone's three blue enameled initials. I took great care whilst polishing this, for I knew it must meant great importance to my Dad. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
After my Dad died, I was going through his things. One was an extremely old button hole (pin?) ...from WWll. I will describe it since I have not posted yet.
Pewter in color, half inch at best. On the round back it says Bastian Bros. Co. Rochester NY. In the middle it has has the initials saying MPB. Under that, P I U.
On the front, on top, there is an eagle. Under that an anchor. In the middle, in a circle is someone's three blue enameled initials. I took great care whilst polishing this, for I knew it must meant great importance to my Dad. Thanks for any help in advance.

Have you considered contacting the company that made it?
http://www.bastiancompany.com/

It isn't often that these company's still exist after all this time but that one does, sending them a picture along with the request for information may get a response.

I did contact Bastian's. For now, here the pin. Thanks.
Dadsgirl
p.s. initials are JBA

Last edited:
The company has not gotten back to me (...doubt it ever will). So I keep it well cushioned, in a shadow box.

Back